Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound System Pics Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Sound System Pics Please

Ya if your not listening to rap the lows just get in the way. The jl's would be real nice for mids and go with the w7's. JL is pricey but they are worth it.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

I know it saves space and keeps things clearn, but it's not a good idea to mount amps upside-down...unless you're also running cooling fans.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

Agreed you gotta watch out for overheating your amps. Ive blown 2 amps and one sub due to overheating. Learned my lesson the hard way. Dont runn more then your system can handle unless your crazy and really dont care. haha

Old 05-31-2007, 10:51 PM

Appreciate the compliments guys. If my setup gives any of you some ideas, by all means go for it. That's what this forum is here for.

My setup sounds pretty decent, but to be honest, the JL Stealthbox i have is supposed to have the JL Audio 8W-IB4s (infinite baffle) in them, but the guy i bought it from didn't have them and gave me some Kicker RMB8s (infinite baffle). The Kickerssounded like @ss, so i bought a set of JL Audio8W04s to put in there, and they don't like that box too much.

I'm going to get a new set of subs and seal the box offso it hits a little harder and fills the cabin better.

I actually just install a new set of tweets in my rear door. I'll try to take some more pics and post them up here when i get a chance.

Yes indeed this is agood thread. I too love to see what you guys have done; let's see some more pics!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:19 PM
2nd Gear

what are you guys putting in your trunk that you cant sacrifice enough room for a box with a 10 in it? my b5 could fit anything with my box in it.......

Old 05-31-2007, 11:28 PM

Golf clubs......oh, and the occasional dead-body

Old 06-01-2007, 12:40 AM

Bad pictures, but

ALL STEEL BABY!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

Pic of the deck + ipod set up, have a sub mounted in a box, that slid around...till i found the netting that came with the car, heh, help down pretty good with that net thing.
[img][/img]

Old 06-01-2007, 01:27 AM

I need to carpet my box and the amp mounting wood...

I really like the look of mounting the amps upside down, I just don't want to risk overheating it. My box slides around sooo much, thats the only thing I don't like about this setup. Also, at night, the amps block the light at the top of the trunk.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:33 AM
1st Gear

My box slides around sooo much, thats the only thing I don't like about this setup.
just put some velcro stips on the bottom. It will hold it in place and it is not permanent so you can take the box oout of the car if you need to

Quick Reply: Sound System Pics Please