Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport suspension? What springs?........

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 06:09 PM
1st Gear
Default Sport suspension? What springs?........

Okay another springs thread, sorry.

I have sport suspension, thats an old pic of my car below. My question is will aftermarket springs lower it anymore? I saw people lower there A4's with H&R Race springs, but the end result doesnt look much lower than my stock sport suspension? Maybe its just me....

What springs will lower my A4 more than stock sport springs? Or will I need to go the whole coilover route? Thanks for the help...

Old 08-27-2006, 06:16 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Sport suspension? What springs?........

ORIGINAL: rcons

Okay another springs thread, sorry.

I have sport suspension, thats an old pic of my car below. My question is will aftermarket springs lower it anymore? I saw people lower there A4's with H&R Race springs, but the end result doesnt look much lower than my stock sport suspension? Maybe its just me....

What springs will lower my A4 more than stock sport springs? Or will I need to go the whole coilover route? Thanks for the help...

Either change the entire strut/spring combos or go the coilover route because putting on lowering springs on stock suspension will prematurely wear out the struts. Just do it right the first time.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:16 PM
18T
4th Gear

best combo out there for the best price.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...RBilsteinCombo

Old 08-27-2006, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

People will argue all day about prematurely wearing out your shocks but I've talked to several people who have had 30,000k+ on stock sport struts and aftermarket springs and are fine. I have Eibachs and the ride didn't change at all (nor did the handling). I'm very satisfied with the looks and when I have the money I can upgrade the struts. BTW H&R race springs are LOW. You probably saw H&R sport springs. Despite what I said above, I wouldn't recommend race springs with stock struts. Eibachs are as low as I would go.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:50 AM
1st Gear

Both the H&R Sport, and Vogtland sport springs we carry will lower the car roughly .75" from your factory sport ride height.
Depending on the mileage of your current shocks, you might consider going with new shocks at the same time. You'll save in the end with installation and alignment fees.

Check out some of our kits, or shoot me an email if you have any questions!