Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo problem needs smarter guy then me to fix it. NOT stupid bose question

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:54 AM
1st Gear
Default Stereo problem needs smarter guy then me to fix it. NOT stupid bose question

Hey hey, question for ya'll. I think my battery is grounding out somewhere since i've got a pretty extensive system. I've moved around the grounding point for the amps a couple times and still can't find one that's good,cause everytime I turn to the right hard, or hit a bump while turning right, the speakers frize out and crackle, thenare normal againwhen I go striaght. I've installed alot of systems and never ran into this before.

The reason I think it's grounding my battery is everytime I get in the car to start it the next morning the battery's drained way down. I left it one time for roughly a week and it was completely drained, didn't even have enough juice to turn off my backed-up alarm.

Any ideas/ solutions? the power is ran on the left side and the rca's on the right. 4 guage main power split at the amps to 8 guage, then reversed for the ground. rca's are all the rockford double twist.

If you've ran into this before please let me know!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:11 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Stereo problem needs smarter guy then me to fix it. NOT stupid bose question

hmmmmmmm some times a fucked up alternator will cause **** like this

Old 01-26-2007, 03:17 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Stereo problem needs smarter guy then me to fix it. NOT stupid bose question

yup, sounds like a alternator because it all drained out.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:26 PM
4th Gear

Doesn't sound like you have a bad ground, sounds to me like you have a short of a live wire to ground. Check the power feed from the source and track it through your system.

Somewhere you have a connector that is shorting out.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:36 PM
3rd Gear

+1 on live wire to ground - make sure your amps are turning off when you shut off your car. Your amps could just be sitting there draining power.

Its also very very easy to take your car to battery shop - I have one near me called interstate batteries - they will check your system for you and make sure your battery/alternator is up to par.