Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock to Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 01:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Stock to Sport

2002 A4 1.8TQ Tip - 30k

I have a few questions, so please bear with me. I currenty have a stock set-up. I purchased used shocks, springs and sway bars from another 2002 1.8T that had stock sport suspension (35k.)

1. Are each of the bars from the sport set-up bigger than my stock - do I want to replace each of them on my car?

2. What do the colors on the springs signify (green & pink) - front and back springs - which is which?

3. Do I need different bump-stops when I put on the sport shocks? If so, where to get?

4. If/when I get intimidated, what do you think a reasonable $ range is to install the shocks/springs/sways for me?

5. Clearance issues with stock 16's (was an upgrade from the 15's when originally purchased) with stock Pirrelis? - I doubt it.

6. Anything I am not thinking of seeing how I am "suspension impaired."

Thanks for your help. I am getting pretty excited to get my baby lowered!

-originally had this in the Suspension fourm, but that my friends, is a ghost town...

Old 06-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Stock to Sport

ORIGINAL: hakes

2002 A4 1.8TQ Tip - 30k

I have a few questions, so please bear with me. I currenty have a stock set-up. I purchased used shocks, springs and sway bars from another 2002 1.8T that had stock sport suspension (35k.)

1. Are each of the bars from the sport set-up bigger than my stock - do I want to replace each of them on my car?

2. What do the colors on the springs signify (green & pink) - front and back springs - which is which?

3. Do I need different bump-stops when I put on the sport shocks? If so, where to get?

4. If/when I get intimidated, what do you think a reasonable $ range is to install the shocks/springs/sways for me?

5. Clearance issues with stock 16's (was an upgrade from the 15's when originally purchased) with stock Pirrelis? - I doubt it.

6. Anything I am not thinking of seeing how I am "suspension impaired."

Thanks for your help. I am getting pretty excited to get my baby lowered!

-originally had this in the Suspension fourm, but that my friends, is a ghost town...
How much did u pay for the stock sport suspension i would of saved up a lil more and bought some after market springs and shocks

the drop of the car wont be that great wit kill still have a big gap in stock sport suspension

the sway bars i belive they are the same size sport or none sport but i upgraded mine to HSport
you can always take off one sway bar and compare.

Old 06-21-2005, 06:35 PM
1st Gear

Paid $250 for whole sport set-up & ship - damn good condition. From the pictures I've seen of the dude's car when he had it on his ride I will be much lower. Thanks Panda.

Anyone else care to comment - don't be shy...

Old 06-21-2005, 08:51 PM
3rd Gear

Panda how are the sway bars ?
And how much you pay ?

And why wasnt a chip your first mod ?

Old 06-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Dave666

Panda how are the sway bars ?
And how much you pay ?