Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A4
 Will Audi install stock sport suspension on a non sport A4? >

Will Audi install stock sport suspension on a non sport A4?

Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.

Will Audi install stock sport suspension on a non sport A4?

Old 07-15-2005, 07:08 AM
1st Gear
Default Will Audi install stock sport suspension on a non sport A4?

So I've been looking at CPO A4 3.0's (not planning on modding and not comfortable enough with cars to do most repairs myself), and I'm interested in the sport suspension for the lowered height, but I'm not seeing it on most of the cars I'm looking at currently. I'd prefer to keep the warranty in tact if I did change out the suspension and was wondering if Audi would add the sport package to non sport cars?

I'd also be interested to hear about the ride difference. I've unfortunately, only had the chance to drive a non sport A4. A friend has a BMW 330ci that I've ridden in that I believe has a sport suspension on it. If somebody is familiar with both, I'd love to hear a comparison of the way the two suspensions ride.

Old 07-15-2005, 11:41 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: Will Audi install stock sport suspension on a non sport A4?

I've had two A4's, one with Sport and one without. The sport definitely has a stiffer ride than the non-sport, it's by no means unconfortable though.

You might want to go ask a service advisor if adding the sport suspension would void the warranty. I asked about that when I bought my car and they said it would not if they installed it. I can imagine that adding all of the sport componants and install is going to cost you more than 2 grand. It may not be worth it.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

If it is a factory part being installed by the dealer the warrenty should still stand.

Old 07-15-2005, 11:45 PM
4th Gear

My dealer installed a longblock head for me, and warretied my ko4 and everything.

Old 07-16-2005, 09:42 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the responses. I'll check with my Audi service department for a price quote on adding it. It sounds like it might be better to just wait for one to pop up that already has it installed. It'll be hard to be patient though.

Old 07-16-2005, 10:21 AM
4th Gear

Hmmmm....the cars are warrantied by Audi of America, not the dealer, so make sure that you get something in writing.