Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Stock Springs?

I have a 2002 A4 3.0L and here is my dilema. The previous owner had lowered the car and the camber is way off, one of my tires got completely worn down in about 6 months. As of right now I have a set of 19 inch wheels on and they have been nothing but trouble. I now would like to return the car to completely stock springs instead of dealing with getting an upper control arm to balance out the camber. So here is the breakdown of what would need to happen:

Step 1: One of my buddies works for an audi dealership and he can get me a set of 2008 a4 with continental tires for about $600. He can also get me a set of stock springs for about $200. Does that sound like a good price?

Step 2: Get tires and springs put on and everything aligned. Is this something that an Audi dealership would have to do? Could I take the tires and springs to Les Schwab and have them put the tires and springs on? I'm trying to figure out a priceline and see what the best possible price/performance ratio I could get.

I know I am probably missing some steps, so if anyone has any suggestions/comments it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:26 PM
1st Gear

Are you riding on the stock struts/shocks? If so, those may need to be replaced as well.

If the new wheels already have tires mounted, switch them yourself, won't cost a thing, although if you are having other suspension work done, the shop shouldn't charge anything for putting different wheels on the car than they took off. They already have to take off 4 wheels and put 4 wheels back on the car, it is irrelevant whether or not the wheels are the same.

$600 including tires (as long as the tires are in good shape) is a good deal.