Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Story...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Story...

So I just dropped off the car at the body shop yesterday...

[Story behind car needing to go to bodyshop]

About 4 months ago, I was driving home from work to grab some food on my lunch break. Taking the nice 5 minute drive home never seemed to be a hassle, until this one thursday afternoon. I am coming around a slight curve and when street lights are visible I am seeing green. I'm driving on the farthest right lane about to pass the intersection. Following sentece takes place in a matter of 3 seconds. I am driving and there is a white van about a half car length to the left of me, it jerks and from right in front of it comes this lady--I swerve to the right avoiding hitting the curb and I brake hard. BAM!!! I get out of my car to see this lady lying by my back wheel bleeding.
Not being in this situatoin before and assuming cops would take took long, I picked her up from her semi-unconsious state and drove her to a nearby hospital which typically takes 3-5 minutes, it seemed like on the day I actually needed to get somewhere everyone was driving extra slow and making stupid decisions to block traffic as they wanted to make illegal turns. Longer story to make short--I took her home about 4 hours later, she was released with only a cut to her neck. She didn't want my info or anything--admitted it was her fault crossing red to catch bus, but my dad's lawyer suggested I inform the cops, to show good faith. I did, and a month later I get a call from AAA about her suing me. Anyways, so I took my car in for the damage...

I had struck her w. my front left fender so that is getting replaced. I have some dings and scrathes here and there so I asked the body shop to convince AAA they needed to blend probably more than they need to. Then I have broken side view mirrors--left one from a side swipe while i was parked--right one probably from some drunk idiot walking back from a bar and bumping into it, shattering the mirror and some hinges. The I also have scratched up rims--

All the above equals 2 weeks at the body shop, and my fingers crossed that they will do a good job matching the dark blue (u think its black at night) paint of my car.

I did order the trunk lip to be sent there so they put that on too.

Pictures will come when I get the car back--hope for the best

***Points to take away:::
Always watch for darters -pedestrains running wild on the street
Never transport someone you have hit, police say that could actually get you in trouble
Don't believe someone when they tell you they admit fault, if they want have them write that down and sign it
Eat @ work, you don't want to ruin your day--this may be extreme but u can be assured my a** is staying @ work

Old 07-12-2006, 07:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Story...

Wow.
Good luck with the shop, hope to see pics after its done.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:11 PM
3rd Gear

Let me add my two cents! DONT YOU HATE STUPID PEOPLE????

She did something wrong and sues you! people like that need to be beaten with a stick!

sorry that happened man, hope she gets nothing!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:15 PM
1st Gear

Thanks, well after someone from the insurance company came and took pics, they told me like a week ago I am so far only held to 30% fault. As long as it is under 50%, that means I am not primarily at fault and my premium won't go up. So looking good so far...

And YES, stupid people are everywhere--beware[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-12-2006, 11:18 PM
1st Gear

I know it wasn't your fault, but I'm glad no one was seriously injured. And we all make mistakes, how many of us can claim to running across the street when the signal says not to cross. lol.