Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharge my A4 or get a different car...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:21 AM
3rd Gear
Default Supercharge my A4 or get a different car...

im so dam confused... in a couple months ill have enough money to make some more serious changes to my car life...

im gonna either supercharge my a4and DO IT RIGHT, with plenty of extra's besides the supercharger.. ie, new clutch, lighter pullies, headers... im talkin about 7-8 grand deep into the project..

OR

get a new car... possibly a used cadillac cts-v, or used m3, or used 03-ish s4.

right now every option on this list seems amazing, and i would love to keep my audi and supercharge that thing just because we have been through so much and i already have a ton of money into mods on it that would just be wasted if i were to get a different car...

but the cts-v is really jumpin out at me.. the reliability is amazing and from what ive heard it cant be beat in any aspect...and it has suede seats...mmmm

but the s4... we all know, i dont even need to explain... yummy v8 motor... quattro... audi styling...

and ive wanted an m3 forever... im talkin like a 2002... ughhh its been on of my dream cars...

the thing i hate is pretty much any car i get would have to stay stock for a bit... or i could supercharge my audi and get the speed along with the lowering, the rims, and all the other stupid money i put into it..

Old 06-25-2007, 04:15 AM
Default RE: Supercharge my A4 or get a different car...

well....with our 2.8ers...is there really anything else i can say besides...

SUPERCHARGER [:-] noooo i didnt think so

but that is defintly a worthy list none the less. i am sort of in the same dilema as you are right now...or could be in a couple months. but i think my list just consists of either SC the audi or upgrade to an S4 [>:]

Old 06-25-2007, 04:51 AM
1st Gear

S4! Wooooo. And why a CTS-V? D: Beware the wheel hop.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:29 AM

I would really go with the M3. It sounds like if you do supercharge your audi, you'll eventually upgrade to the m3 anyways.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:20 PM
3rd Gear

If you like the B6 Body I say go for the S4 - otherwise go with a 01-02 S4 and put some mods into it - not a fan of the CTS (body wise).

power wise how would a supercharged a4 compare to an lightly moded S4?

The one thing you have to look at is a superchaged audi will be vary reliable compared to a modded anything. plus you will have one of few compared to one of many. I say if you looking for something special then go for the superchager.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:32 PM
2nd Gear

B6 S4's are ****. heavy as fvck. and no power. the full modded ones(chip, full exhaust, intake) only put out around 300Awhp.. my little 1.8t does that easy. and if i turn up the boost i can have plenty more. all while being lighter..

don't put any more money into the 2.8. im sorry, but it would just be a mistake. my buddy derek supercharged his 2.8 and he wasn't happy at all with the power.

i would get either a B5 S4. or an e36/e46 M3.. i would only get the M3 if i lived somewhere like socal or similar

Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 PM

Caddy?[:'(][:@][:'(][:@][:'(] eww...gross!

I think a supercharger would be awesome...or the S4

Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Go M3 FTW

Old 06-25-2007, 11:21 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: akielb

The one thing you have to look at is a superchaged audi will be vary reliable compared to a modded anything. plus you will have one of few compared to one of many. I say if you looking for something special then go for the superchager.

exactly... im looking for something thats unique... i dont wanna be driving and pull up to someone with the same car... a supercharged audi would put me in my class of its own.

and the m3... i live in AZ... we never get rain, and 9 months out of the year the weather is amazing.

i heard about the cts-v wheel hop, that kinda turns me away, fwd is whack.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:36 PM
4th Gear

If you said CTS-V, that may be a different story,but nay on that one.

I like the m3's, I know two people that have them, but your car with an sc would be comparable, especially with other mods along with it.(coilovers would be good).

Also, you like the way your car looks, you've put a lot into it.

I'm leaning toward the sc, and some other mods.

or a b5 s4, but then youd be starting over unless you bought one that already had some mods.

In the autocross recently, (my first time, not theirs) I was right about the same times as a newer cts, and an 04 m3, if that means anything.

What suspension do you have right now?I would look at coilovers first if you dont have a decent suspension setup already. I'd say do the sc, maybe high flow cats, big brakes, lw pulley, maybe consider meth injection on it as well. then you'd have a unique, supercharged, nice looking, ballsy A4 2.8, something there are very few of.

Quick Reply: Supercharge my A4 or get a different car...