Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tein coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default tein coilovers

i asked about them a while ago, but now im gonna get them for sure unless i find a better deal. rather than bringing back an old thread thought id start a new one. has anyone tried the tein coilovers? buddy at work can get me a deal through his roomate so tein is the cheapest name brand i have found so far. any help would be appreciated as im prob going to buy tomorrow. thanks

Old 08-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: tein coilovers

never used them i had H&R. i didnt even know tein made co for our cars i thought it was just springs but i havent checked in a long long time

Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 PM
2nd Gear

yea they make a couple options. they look nice and ive heard theyre pretty good for jap cars so i was hoping someone would have em on here...but no luck yet.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:25 AM

yeah...i got them on my car and i loved it...they are better then you would expect

Old 08-18-2007, 09:29 AM
1st Gear

yeah i was gonna get them b/c i found them for $799 and people were saying they were good. but then my mechanic buddy told me that euro cars should stick with euro coil-overs and jap car w/ jap co. an i couldnt afford the H&Rs so i just got spacers in my sport suspension.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:35 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: one4eyes

yeah...i got them on my car and i loved it...they are better then you would expect
did you get the coilovers? basic or ss? whats your setup right now? i could get the basic for just around 600 plus shipping. considering that, because i dont need the 32 way adjustable ss ones.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:45 AM

i got the Basic coilovers for my b5 S4 andSS for my b5 A4 avant

NOTE : Tein onlygotSS for b5 A4 quattro

Old 08-20-2007, 04:38 AM
1st Gear

Had the SS installed last week, great feeling so far and i am going in for my adjustments this week. I think i would like the front just the smallest bit lowered and perhaps a stiffen up of the back. I was planning on installing an rs4 rear sway but don't know if i should put it on while they are adjusting the car or does it make any difference at all?

Old 08-20-2007, 09:04 AM

well...it will make some kind of difference...but since you got the SS with height/damping adjustment...it can be adjust to your liking...for me on thetein basicwith theh&r rear sway bar...the car is morewell balance....when pushing hard on cornering....no oversteer or understeer...without it...i got little oversteer....ofcourse alignment adjustment also help too....

Old 08-20-2007, 10:53 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: one4eyes

well...it will make some kind of difference...but since you got the SS with height/damping adjustment...it can be adjust to your liking...for me on thetein basicwith theh&r rear sway bar...the car is morewell balance....when pushing hard on cornering....no oversteer or understeer...without it...i got little oversteer....ofcourse alignment adjustment also help too....
I thought that with a stiffer rear end (with a rear anti-sway) you'd get more oversteer, not less. Am I wrong?

Quick Reply: tein coilovers