Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tell me what you think

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default tell me what you think

so i have the idea to get with a few friends and try to start a small diy business for audi parts. mostly for b5's because that's what i have and that's what im most farmiliar with. so far i have a few ideas for diy products that either are not available yet or are available but way to expensive. first an aftermarket intake for those who want an intake but dont want to pay $300 for the carbino. second, an aftermarket heat shield for those of you who have intake's and have heat soak with your stock one. and third a metal skid plate for the oil pan for those of us who are lowered. lastly a diy intercooler kit will all the tubing bent and with the core ready to install but for cheaper than the one's out there.
those are my idea's and please let me know your opinions on these and if you guys have any idea's.
thanks
kris

Old 06-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Default RE: tell me what you think

I did that years ago as im sure others still do ( keep the price low and affordable like 25% plus labour if they ask you to remove the part ) dont even go to 50% retail like breakers yards do in the UK ( we call them half price jewlers ) and worthless they dont help people in any way[:@]

Old 06-20-2007, 03:35 PM
5th Gear

I would be all over a metal skidplate. Doooo it!

Old 06-20-2007, 03:45 PM
2nd Gear

im actually going to start designing one this weekend ill be sure to post pics when its done

Old 06-20-2007, 03:45 PM
4th Gear

Well, everything you mentioned already exisits.

Not sure how much cheaper you would be able to do any of this than the exisitng products.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:57 PM
2nd Gear

hmmm iv'e been buying parts for my car for a couple years now and have never came across an aftermarket heatshield or skid plate. you mind posting the sites so i can see how much they are and if i would be able to beat that?

Old 06-20-2007, 04:04 PM

you need to go to Audi rally sites for the skid plate but not cheap ( second hand is cool ) I had loads of them once and tried to sell them and no callers so I threw them away

Old 06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
4th Gear

Here are the skids...
http://www.evolutionimport.com/Volks...lates_s/17.htm

here are some intake/shields:

http://www.fastvws.com/acatalog/FAST...pgrades_5.html

The carbino is CF, you aint gonna make or develop something like that any cheaper, and the piping kits already exist as well.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:20 PM

a few left but not for sale

Old 06-20-2007, 04:25 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Here are the skids...
http://www.evolutionimport.com/Volks...lates_s/17.htm

here are some intake/shields:

http://www.fastvws.com/acatalog/FAST...pgrades_5.html

The carbino is CF, you aint gonna make or develop something like that any cheaper, and the piping kits already exist as well.
i know i can develop a skid plate for under $260. that's crazy. and of course there is intakes out and of course i was not trying to develop a cf one but also i hate the evoms intake for 260 bucks you get a little tiny heat shield and a piece of pipe. same concept, better heat shield, cheaper.