Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

test pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 07:28 AM
1st Gear
Default test pipe question

Will this cat delete pipe be a direct bolt in if i use my stock exhaust and stock turbo? im just wondering if my turbo outlet and exhaust inlet are both 3in to match this pipe.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...ory_Code=VVWTK

[IMG]local://upfiles/26025/D2A3A97B43FB435BAE8A9F3408063F3D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2007, 11:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: test pipe question

the add reads right but, the question is will the computer reajust on its own without a custom tune. who knows if it will lean it out anough to burn out valves or richin the fuel air to fowel plugs. you know the cost and risk reward for maybe 2 hp at the rear wheels plus inspection hassles dont seem worth it to me.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Correct me if i'm wrong.

A way you can tell is by looking at the o2 sensors. Most cars have sensors before and after the cat. By the looks of that picture the sensors are there but no cat.

I'm not sure if there is a setup for just a down pipe. People are telling me that we would need a test pipe and race cat. Then weld those two pieces together to make it cost effect. The only variable is labor and cost of parts.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:31 PM
1st Gear

I am also considering buying that product. The manufacter describes the ATP TP as a cat delete and replacment. I only see that it comes in a 3", I wonder if that is the best size for my stock a4. Also, I am seeking instructions for the removal and installation of the cat and TP. To answer the question, I believe there is a difference in the test pipe and downpipe. Testpipe will go where the cat was, downpipe comes after that.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:10 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: tcuphigam

To answer the question, I believe there is a difference in the test pipe and downpipe. Testpipe will go where the cat was, downpipe comes after that.
That wasnt my question, im just wondering if the diameter is the right size to directly replace thecat, using stock turbo, and stock exhaust. AllI wanna do is get rid of the cat without the loudness ofa aftermarket exhaust.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:12 AM
1st Gear

There is very little gain from just cutting out the cat. Save your money unless you're getting a full exhaust.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:34 AM
1st Gear

It should be enough of a gain to get rid of some back-pressure and let loose a pound or 2 of boost.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:56 AM
5th Gear

yea man the gains from a test pipe are insane man its surprising how muc hthe cat restricts

Old 01-29-2007, 07:03 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

yea man the gains from a test pipe are insane man its surprising how muc hthe cat restricts
thank you, finally someone who agrees

but will it fit.......?

Old 01-29-2007, 07:11 AM
5th Gear

yes it will fit just fine... some people say it bottle necks the exhaust a little but its really not anything to worry about

Quick Reply: test pipe question