Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three days!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 01:10 AM
2nd Gear
Default Three days!!!

I had my car back three days from the cracked spark plug debacle and now I'm running on a spare tire until Friday. Popped the front right tire on a staple or something, side wall OF COURSE. They tire place I went to down here had to order a replacement and no dice until Friday. I tell you, the car gods are not smiling on me lately. I guess maybe this is suppose to be motivation for me to order new wheels. What are your rec's for good wheel sites?

Old 09-08-2004, 01:50 AM
Default RE: Three days!!!

What ever you do Doose, dont order from Wheelmax.com. They have some really cool wheels and great prices, but they use this new swivel bolt pattern thing. OK inside the little holes where the lugnut goes, there a metal swivel that allow the bolt pattern to change from 108 to 120 and everywhere in between. I could not find one tire shop to mount up these wheels due to the complexity of the mounting process. If you have a "Discount Tire Company" in your area do your bussiness with them theyll take care of you.

Have you decided on which tires you want? I use Falken Azenis Sport and they work great. I have also used Toyo Proxis RA1 and they wore out too quickly als othey cost a bundle and i hade no wet traction whatsoever. As far as websites i dont know of any, plus i dont want to pay 250 for shipping.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:30 AM
2nd Gear

Hey David. I had some nice 17" Borbets and I sold them earlier this summer. I'm kicking myself for that right about now, but that oil sump screen problem cost me some coin. Now that Audi is picking up the tab for that little deal, I'm back in the market. I'll avoid that wierd bolt pattern. My stock rims have a set of Kumho Ecsta's on them right now. They are ok, but not the best tire I've run on. In the past I've had Michelin and Conti's and liked them both. The Conti's were a better performing tire, IMO, but didn't last as long as the Michelins did. I've still got snows I'll run on the stock wheels in the winter. Hmm, no on the Toyo's eh? I'm thinking maybe Michelins again, but now that you mention the Falkens, I've got to check them out. You got a link so I can see the tread pattern? Also, what kind of coin did you drop on them?

I like your new time! That's a riot, was that with one or two beers in your hands?

Old 09-08-2004, 12:56 PM

Heres the falkin link Flakin Azenis Sport The toyo probably has the greatest dry traction of all the tires ever made in the world. Audi uses the toyo RA1 on there Speed GT and so do all the other teams.

Old 09-08-2004, 01:39 PM
1st Gear

I got the Federal SS595. Lovin' em.

federaltire.com

Click Passenger Line, then under Ultra High Performance.

Old 09-08-2004, 01:56 PM

Check your link. federals ar ok but there too hard and there sidewalls flex. there good if your hauling around the family but thats about it.

Old 09-08-2004, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear

David, I may be able to get away with the Toyo's. I'm only going to run them from say April to November and then run the snows over the winter on the stock wheels. I like the info I've seen on the Falken's too. How much were the Toyo's you got?

Old 09-09-2004, 02:09 AM

$170 a peice for the toyos $152 for the falkins I like the toyo 500% more there extreamly supirior to ANY other tire period. hers a toyo link Proxis family