Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint Quote

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 01:03 PM
3rd Gear
Default Tint Quote

I just got a quote from a local shop. Here is the email

Tint on everything except the windshield is $365.00

Any shade you want. The law is a little confusing. It might be easier
to explain it if you were to stop in. Also we can explain to you on how we
tint that vehicle and what to expect. These are more time consuming than
most cars and that is why they cost a little more.

Thanks

Shane
Tintmasters FARGO
Is he serious about Audi's taking more time to tint - aren't window's just window's. Am I getting screwed?
I'll try to find a couple other shops in town to compare the quote - not much around here for after market shops.

Here is there website

Old 12-12-2006, 01:18 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Tint Quote

Sounds pretty high...but if you're living in the middle of nowhere and he's the only game in town, he can pretty much dictate prices.

Maybe if that's for some high-quality ceramic tint...but if it's just the generic stuff, I'd say he's gouging you.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:24 PM
1st Gear

Just got mine done on all windows (except windshield) and it cost me $209.00...great job too. I'm outside of Philly though, so there are a lot of options.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:31 PM
4th Gear

Ouch, Im still yet to get mine tinted... I'll prolly do it while im down in AZ. I know of a few shops =)

Old 12-12-2006, 01:38 PM

$238. I got the highest quality stuff they had.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:22 PM
3rd Gear

The tint they use is "sun guard", it comes with a nationwide warranty. They also refer to themselves as a "Diamond Dealer" - and that means they can sell me a $35 extended warranty that covers any scratches even if I do it myself. Also, The process that they use includes the removal of the glass from the car, wiped down with alcohol to remove any particles off the window, and they use a one pc. rear. I think I know of a couple of smaller shops around town - I'll see of I can find their # over lunch.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:57 PM
3rd Gear

I called Two Car audio places #1 $360 #2 Doesn't do tint and suggested Tintmasters. Then I called Auto Trim and Design and they want $295. Sounds like they might be my best bet for price - I'm gonna go into their shop and see what they offer now for brands and warranty etc.. I guess everything is a little more up here in Fargo. I know of one more car accessory place can't remember the name right now - its new so its not in the phone book, I'll go over there after work tonight or tomorrow and see how much they think.

Edit: They use SunTek Brand film - they sell three levels but not sure what one I was quoted - Anyone ever heard of this brand?

Old 12-12-2006, 04:18 PM

They shouldn't have to remove the glass from the car to tint it, that is extremely excessive, and probably a load of BS.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:39 PM

you definetely do not need to remove the glass from your car. if he tells you he needs to do that then sit there and watch him tint your car...he is screwing you over big time. I got mine done in philly for $250, he is one the best guys around, real nice guy too. I also got quoted in Massachusetts awhile back for around $260...

goodluck

Old 12-12-2006, 04:51 PM
1st Gear

Damn.... I just got a quote for mine... (hope you're sitting down) $415. $275 for new tint and $140 for removal of old $hit. i couldnt believe it. I got my girlfriends mustang tinted for $230 and they did a really good job but damn. Looks like i might just have to wait...

Quick Reply: Tint Quote