Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TIP/TRANSMISSION ISSUES: VAG HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Default RE: TIP/TRANSMISSION ISSUES: VAG HELP!

no you pull the fuse and switch the ignition on but don't start the car, leave for approx 1 minute the switch ignition off and refit the fuse then run the engine and drive the car so it relearns

Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

no you pull the fuse and switch the ignition on but don't start the car, leave for approx 1 minute the switch ignition off and refit the fuse then run the engine and drive the car so it relearns
Thanks again Dave! You have been such an awesome asset to this Forum! Just received my Ross-Tech interface in the mail so soon I will get to plug and play! Curious to see how many error codes I come up with...

Old 10-07-2007, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

I would not recomend this procedure for future reference. I did exactly as stated above and my tranny went into limp mode, limiting to 4th gear use only and downshifting incredibly hard into first gear at stops. Thank god I had my Ross-tech interface waiting for me at home so I could to work on it pronto.

UPDATE:
Wow, what a vital tool Vagcom is to own. I did various scans for fault codes, came up with some minor faults including the circuit trip from removing the fuse, and did some typical procedures referenced from the Ross-tech website: TBA, IDLE, and a Tranny reset, WOW what a difference in resetting my transmission. It is a whole differentmachine now!! Shifts area whole lot better; I just hope it doesn't re-learn to it's original behavior. I also tried doing some experimental soft coding but was not successful, I do not know if I need a login or a valid shop # when recoding. I did some research on here and some VW forums and was extremely excited to try some different codeoptions only to find out that a pre-99.5 is not programmable for a sport-mode option, I guessI already have it..??It would bereally nice to turn off the DSP, wouldn't this fix mytransmission behavior??

Old 10-07-2007, 09:45 PM

Since i have a tip-chip installed, will resetting mytransmission using this VAG tool, https://www.audiforums.com/m_364796/tm.htm,affect the tip-chip at all?

Old 10-07-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

A4 Effort I am almost positive and have read in prior posts that a tranny reset WILL NOT affect yout Tip-chip. I believe the Tip chips are an installed, fixed component on the chip itself that cannot be interfered by Vag-com software. I wish Icould experience a Tip-chipped tranny vs. factory specs; I am now debating between the GIAC Ecu chip vs. the GIAC Tip-chip. Damn!

Old 10-07-2007, 11:44 PM
4th Gear

I to am thinking about getting the tip chip, especially since I have more power.

Hopefully everything will work right now on your car! It always sucks when you have things go haywire. [:@]

Josh

Old 10-08-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

Hey paintballguy,
Since you replied I wanted to ask you about soft coding the transmission since you initially started the original thread about it. Thereis only one option Ihave for recoding sinceI have a pre-99.5;with or w/o DSP correct? I supposedly havethe sport mode so there is no option there, and ifIswitch to without DSP then I will likely eliminate the transmission re-learning it's sluggishbehavior??

Old 10-08-2007, 12:38 AM
4th Gear

You are correct about or transmission only being able to have one option. We already have the "sport" option on your cars. I have no idea about the rest though. Sorry.

Josh

Old 10-08-2007, 07:14 AM
1st Gear

UPDATE: [:@]
Well unfortunately on my way into work this morning I noticed that my car has returned back to it's odd behavior, running right through the gears and shifting at low rpm's. I am extremely disappointed, I thought the reset would cure the problem. I guess my only other option left would be to see ifI can turn the DSP off eliminating any learning alterations. I just don't understand, the car was shifting and performing great...I'm wondering now if it's a faulty TCU. Any help?

Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 PM
1st Gear

Any input anyone? Anyone have any experience soft-coding?

Quick Reply: TIP/TRANSMISSION ISSUES: VAG HELP!