Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo install

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 02:34 AM
1st Gear
Default turbo install

so i just purchased a brand new k03 for 200 bucks. i droipped my car off to my mechanic this morning. tomorow i want to call him and make sure things are going correct. is there anything i should tell him. i cant rememeber where i read it, but someone said to oil something on the turbo before install. i could be mistaken. also, my mechanic found the line from the turbo to the air filter is busted, where can i get this part other then the dealer?

Old 01-17-2007, 02:51 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: turbo install

How much is he charging you for the install?

There is no "line" that goes from the intake to the turbo.

maybe he's talking about the turbo inlet pipe or somthing like that. Thats all I see when looking at my Bentely diagrams

Have him figure out the proper name of the part or take pictures and post on here

Old 01-17-2007, 03:29 AM
1st Gear

Sounds like the intake tubing from the turbo to the filter is busted... I would ask to take a look at it for myself...
If the mechanic knows what he is doing he will oil the turbo properly, he should also unplug the coil pack and crank the engine over for ten seconds, let it sit for five, crank for ten, let sit for five and crank for another ten to make sure the turbo has oil before starting the car up...

SMo'

Old 01-17-2007, 04:26 AM
5th Gear

they best way by far to oil the turbo is leave the intake tube off then you start it and take a wooden stick and hold the blades from moving, have someone else start the car and let it idle while still holding the blades for a min.... this will ensure the turbo is oiled properly

Old 01-17-2007, 04:35 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

they best way by far to oil the turbo is leave the intake tube off then you start it and take a wooden stick and hold the blades from moving, have someone else start the car and let it idle while still holding the blades for a min.... this will ensure the turbo is oiled properly
haha that sounds so wrong but it would definatelywork

Old 01-17-2007, 05:06 AM
2nd Gear

but thats a defanit do at own risk. if you mess up and get wood in ur brand new turbo, ur not gonna be a happy camper

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

Old 01-17-2007, 05:27 AM
5th Gear

dude that how every good mechanic does it... wellthat actually does work on lots of turbo motors.... Remember I worked at a dodge dealer and thats how all the techs were trained to do it, and thats also how all the old smart guys that work on cat's at my dads work do all the turbos and they are doing them almost everyday..... its much safer then just pulling the coils cuz even the not running motor will turn the turbo and can casue damage, holding the blade is the only 100% safe way to do it