Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two issues: ECU Upgrade, and seatbelt alarm!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 06:15 AM
Default Two issues: ECU Upgrade, and seatbelt alarm!

You guys have helped out a lot thus far, but I got two more questions:

1. First, I have a 2004 Audi A4 1.8t, ult sports package. I'm very interested in the ECU upgrade (Stage 1) which I understand will provide 215 horsepower. My concern is this is my only car. I'm going to be doing lots of city driving here and there in NY. DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THIS ******* WITH MY CAR, COMPUTER, ETC.? I'm not going to the 245 hp, so I assume I'll be fine without changing the injectors. But can I just upgrade the ECU and be done with it? Worry free?

2. HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU GET THAT DAMN SEATBELT WARNING ALARM TO GO OFF WITHOUT WAITING FOR THE FIVE MINUTES TO EXPIRE? Isn't there usually codes you can find in the owner's manual? Well I didn't find no stinkin' code! I know I should be safe, but just idling and showing a friend a CD in the car, gotta put my damn seat belt on. HELP!!!

Thanks a lot!

- Kristian

Old 10-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Two issues: ECU Upgrade, and seatbelt alarm!

1. im guessin ur lookin at APR, i have apr and its alrite, ur gasmilege acutaly impoves if u dont have a heavy foot
and the whole thing is a quick reflash on the ECU, no removal or anything
its worry free but u might want to get the extra feature that changes back to stock
since im guessin u have the warrenty still

but u will also have to change the DV to a stronger one

2. find someone with a VAG-COm when u get chipped asked them to take it off for they should be able to do it if they have the vag-com

Old 10-06-2006, 06:27 AM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Two issues: ECU Upgrade, and seatbelt alarm!

ya you can just chip it and be done with it. you dont need injectors as long as you just get stage one. yes you car will be fine. many people have driving 10K miles on a chipped can and im sure many more have more miles then that

there is a way but its not safe to do it. the alarm is there for a reason. also mine didnt go off unless i was moving, maybe you are thinking abou tyou open door alarm going off.