Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPGRADES?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 PM
1st Gear
Default UPGRADES?

Hello, I always wanted to put some small upgrades on my 97a4 quattro V6 12v. my car has 127k miles on it. Although she still runs strong, this makes me think how much money i should really dump into it. If anything i would upgrade exhaust and purchase an intake. The only full cat back system made specificly for my model i could find is one from LLTEK motorsports and its like $750!..Many other systems i looked at, are for 98+. Would it make more sense to just get a nice muffler? An intake is just as hard for me to find. Any suggestions? Whats good/Whats worth it?? anything at all?

Old 05-08-2006, 07:36 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: UPGRADES?

dude just go custom exhaust it will be much better and cheaper, intake any will do just get a K&N filter

Old 05-08-2006, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

Ok use this link and search for the answers to your questions before you post: https://www.audiforums.com/search.asp

Old 05-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Site Moderator

12V mod idea:

Stick a couple of those on your bumper and no one will have the ***** to want to race you.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:16 AM
1st Gear

sorry dude but with audis youre gonna hafta spend the $$$ to make it faster...also not many mods for 12v. muffler wont do much in terms of power...try checking the classifieds, but the cheapest exhaust youll probably find is neuspeed. good luck

Old 05-09-2006, 05:17 AM
Zombie Defense Force

talk to ateurv8. he has the sickest b5 2.8 out there. plus he has lots of mods and knows just about every thing

Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

talk to ateurv8. he has the sickest b5 2.8 out there. plus he has lots of mods and knows just about every thing
thanks for agreeing with me hahahahaha...

anyways, dude for a 2.8 12v your pretty much outta luck if u want to make it faster. The only purpose that 12v's have are to be a nice reliable daily driver and have very nice styling. If your going to dump any money into the car here is a list of what u can to make it stand out a lot better, everything listed i have on my own car.

ebay intake - 50 bucks shipped, gives a really nice sound, but thats about it.
painted lowers - 10 bucks and about 45 minutes of painting time, makes a huge difference in appearance tho
custom cat back exhaust - mine was 200 bucks and i kept the stock muffler and put nice polished tips on there so it wouldnt sound too loud
window tint - i got 5%, its very illegal, but very nice looking
one piece headlights - i got black housing with angel eyes, some people flame, but this was the biggest appearance changer on the car BY FAR. and at night they just look rediculous. some say they only belong on BMW's, but audi and bmw is pretty much the same class of car, so people they just come that way.
RS4 grille w/ painted trim - really changed the front end appearance of my car, the mesh is very clean, and matching the color of the car w/ the trim made the rings stand out and looks very clean
Neuspeed lowering springs w/ bilstein shocks - or any type of springs and shocks, it lowers the car, giving it a more aggressiveness look and eliminates the ugly wheel gap, it also improved the handling of the car by like 100%.
18" rims - rims on any car make it look better, just make sure you get nice ones, that match the look you want for your car.
clear side markers - replace the amber markers with clear ones and the car looks a lot newer.
short shifter - makes the car a lot more fun to drive, not faster, but trust me its a lot more fun.
debadge the back - take all the emblems off accept the audi rings. it looks very clean..
Sound system - I put two alpine TYPE R 10's w/ a 1500w rockford amp, boston acoustics and kenwoods in my doors...its competition loud, with the cleanliness of the stock bose system.

so pretty much when it comes to performance your screwed. the only thing the 12v is good for is a reliable every day car that looks tight. you can make them dominate in the corners if u have the quattro model, and this is where most of my fun with the car takes place.

If some loser wants to race you, roll up the 5% so they cant see anything, blast the system so they cant hear anything, and roll out in style in your dropped audi on rims, and let him buzz off in his honda with manual door locks..

and if they really wont leave you alone, and just keep following you, than just make them follow you to your house and pull out the DSM, and watch them **** themselves as they make a quick exit.

in conclusion: this post was long, but whatever, 12v's arent fast, i will **** myself if i ever see one break the 14 sec 1/4 mile barrier. but open the sunroof, blast the tunes, and roll in style.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:40 AM
5th Gear

damn you beat me too it, lol
ORIGINAL: Jeff

Old 05-09-2006, 05:46 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8

If some loser wants to race you, roll up the 5% so they cant see anything, blast the system so they cant hear anything, and roll out in style in your dropped audi on rims, and let him buzz off in his honda with manual door locks..

and if they really wont leave you alone, and just keep following you, than just make them follow you to your house and pull out the DSM, and watch them **** themselves as they make a quick exit.

funny thing is.. i visualised this whole thing in my head.. as if i was watching you do it.. and it made me laugh and say "this kids retarded.. but funny"

thanks for the laugh

Old 05-09-2006, 05:47 AM
1st Gear

mountain dew came out of my nose i was laughing so hard at your post. damn that was a good read

Quick Reply: UPGRADES?