Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very bad problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:15 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Very bad problem

Yo, that sucks that your having all these problems.

I would say take it to another shop. Call the guys at Renn-art out in arlington heights. Or CPT over in melrose park.
I wouldnt want that guy touching my car again after all those problems. If renn or cpt find that the work that mechanic did was wrong, then maybe you can file a suit against them or something.
Good Luck with it.

Old 11-04-2006, 02:21 PM
4th Gear

Sounds like they fvcked up that TB job. Have them replace at their expense. Or cut your losses and find a reputable Audi/VW shop. You might wanna change that injector too.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

Well things are weird. 2 days after the TB went out on my A4, my truck's tranny went out. So I had no choice but to drive the A4 as is because I had to get to work. Well, things did get a little smoother suprisingly. The shaking stopped, the cel went out, the boost is better, BUT the engine still sounds like a bicycle with a baseball card in the spokes, AND the gas smell is still present. Albeit its not as bad (not smelling it all the time) but every once and a while the engine starts running really crappy and then the smell is there and powerful. Which is strange because if my head was getting flooded, my plugs would go bad, they're not. Also if I had a leak it would be noticeable in the gas gauge, its not. My gas mileage estimate does fluctuate in my display though. Just weird problems. I qualified for financing for the tranny so thats one problem solved, so I can now take my A4 in. I'm gonna have them do as ace suggested and check the timing and alignment of the cam and crank. If they can't figure it out I'm gonna demand they outsource the work to rennart (d@mn that shop looks sweet and clean). Again thanks for any impute and will get back to you guys when I take it back tomorrow.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:54 PM
4th Gear

Well, if its running smootly, the timing is probably OK.

I was concerned since you said it was shaking real bad. So no codes any longer?

Its sounds now like you have an intermittent misfire, which would cause the gas smell while its happening due to unburnt fuel in the cylinder.

Maybe you have a coilpack failing or a bad ICM. But, you need to see codes to tell you what cylinder it is occurring at.

Anyway, glad to hear its running better, keep us posted if any new codes come up or anything.