Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VVME HID FOGS Installed- PT 2 - LOW BEAMS INSTALLED-lots of pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:20 AM
Administrator
Default RE: VVME HID FOGS Installed

Pull a fog bulb to be sure. In my car the fogs are H7, just like the headlights, but I thought I read somewhere that some A4s had an H1 (not positive about that). As for the color temp, get 6000k again, or 4300k. Go higher than 6000k and you're wasting your money, unless you just want really blue lights and don't care about output and visibility. As for the install difficulty, look here - this is what you'll be doing:

https://www.audiforums.com/m.asp?m=7...age=1&key=

Old 12-17-2007, 12:30 PM
1st Gear

agreed .. if you have 6000k for lows ..match the fogs with 6000k .. the fogs were pretty straight forward for my 1999.5 A4 ..Just followthe DIY instructions .. i had to cut the old clip and connect the wires to the new wires and clip .. I know some kits have a direct plug and play adapter to the hold wiring clip for the fogs ..you need to be creative in finding a place forfor the ballast .. i would highly suggest zip tie the ballast to something secure so it wont fall off .. good luck

Old 12-17-2007, 01:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: VVME HID FOG Installed * Not 56K friendly

ORIGINAL: anmagro

wait, when you install fogs like that...they run all the time?
ORIGINAL: hiwords

no. our fod lightsonly turn on when the sidemarkers are on or the headlights. what i was talking about is to be able to turn the fog lights on and off without touching any other lights
You can have them run all the time without any wiring it is all programmed through vag-com! I dont understand why people just run wires for no reason! The fog's and the "hazard light's" or "side markers" are on all the time, if I recall properly from reading this somewhere :change the country setting from USA to Canada! We have to have DRL's(Daytime Runing Lights) on here all the time so that is the fix and audi has already implemented these! I can check further and probably do a write up if anyone wants!

Old 12-17-2007, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 1Move

ORIGINAL: anmagro

wait, when you install fogs like that...they run all the time?

no. our fod lightsonly turn on when the sidemarkers are on or the headlights. what i was talking about is to be able to turn the fog lights on and off without touching any other lights
You can have them run all the time without any wiring it is all programmed through vag-com! I dont understand why people just run wires for no reason! The fog's and the "hazard light's" or "side markers" are on all the time, if I recall properly from reading this somewhere :change the country setting from USA to Canada! We have to have DRL's(Daytime Runing Lights) on here all the time so that is the fix and audi has already implemented these! I can check further and probably do a write up if anyone wants!
are you doing anything different from this write up? See link

http://ctny.audiworld.com/mark/a4/fogs/fogs.html

Old 12-17-2007, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear

Pretty sure you can only do the fog light mod through vagcom on the B6/B7. B5 you have to physically modify the relay.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:03 PM
2nd Gear

nice. now you gotta do the mod where the fogs work independently of the headlights
haha i have in independent switch for my fogs WOO (as you can probably tell from my sig)

yeah i just put some fogs in... lookin good man. thats the hottness!

Old 12-17-2007, 06:57 PM

Wondering if anyone has ever experienced heat problems with putting the HID's in the FOG's? I was wanting to do this mod but have been reluctant thinking that the hte heat from the bulbs might bake the fog housings??

On another note - I want to change my headlights. They are a bit pitted and don't look as nice as i would like them to. I checked with llTek and getting the true HID housing would be a very expensive proposition (about $1500). So I have been considering for now trying some of the ebay headlight housings but I was wondering if i put HID's in there if they would burn up too??

So - in other words - how hot are HID's and will they tend to burn up housings and/or cause fire from putting too much load on the existing for light / headlight switch??

Oh By the way - I have a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T FWD with CVT transimission (that i am awaiting the parts from Germany to fix)

Regards,

xster

Old 12-17-2007, 07:02 PM

By the way KAPTOM540 fogs look great!

Just curious do your 6000K have a bit of purpleish tinge to them like BMW and Benz? etc.?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

Pull a fog bulb to be sure. In my car the fogs are H7, just like the headlights, but I thought I read somewhere that some A4s had an H1 (not positive about that). As for the color temp, get 6000k again, or 4300k. Go higher than 6000k and you're wasting your money, unless you just want really blue lights and don't care about output and visibility. As for the install difficulty, look here - this is what you'll be doing:

https://www.audiforums.com/m.asp?m=7...age=1&key=

thanks for the response, im still a bit confused as to what the installation of the fogs involves..can someone clear it up or give detailed instructions? im a n00b with this kind of stuff

Old 12-17-2007, 10:54 PM

anyonee?

Quick Reply: VVME HID FOGS Installed- PT 2 - LOW BEAMS INSTALLED-lots of pics