Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird noises :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 01:49 PM
5th Gear
Default weird noises :(

ok so as i start to head out to panama city beach today my car starts makin weird noises at first i noticed it when i stepped on the gas. it would make a sound that sped up as the engine revved higher. then the sound went away[&:] but then i noticed another sound on deceleration. i suck at describing sounds so im not even gona try. but it wasn't just one long sound it was like a broken up sound. almost like beats to music. no CEL tho. can anyone help me?

Old 11-12-2006, 03:05 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: weird noises :(

ok just took it for another drive and now the noises are gone[&:] wut the hell is going on with my car? when i got it bac kfrom the shop it had a CEL for exhaust not warm, which i figured meant a bad o2 sensor. then when i was sitting it my car for about 30 minutes with the engine running it all of a sudden started shaking violently. i turned it off and then after a couple minutes turned it back on and it was fine. then the next day the cel went away. dont know if any of these problems are related but thought i might at well state em just in case. o amd the drain plug for the sunroof was drilled through by some genius and water was leakin in the car for a little while which got a lot of fuses wet under the dash. (not the ones by the door, the other set) which caused my secodary fan to not work. and the guy at the shop said the water might cause some problems in the future. can anyone please help?

Old 11-12-2006, 03:55 PM
4th Gear

Damn dude, that **** is not cool

Could you have it looked at by an audi dealer? or do you have any reallly knowledgable Audi real life friends?

Old 11-12-2006, 03:58 PM
5th Gear

no dealer within like 100 miles. no knowledgable audi owners within same distance. only shop that can help is a POS shop that i've had too many problems with already to want to go back[&o] wut really sux is i missed this huge meet i've been planning for all month. stayed up all night and even washed and prepped the car this morning in freezing cold weather (hands are still numb)for the trip only to have everything fall through at the last minute[&o][&o]

Old 11-12-2006, 05:57 PM
4th Gear

Christ man, Sorry about that... Can't beleive Audi dealers are that far away though

Old 11-12-2006, 07:44 PM
5th Gear

ya closest one is in jacksonville i think. there's a euro dealer in town but they dont specialize in audi's. more towards bimmers. and they have the worst reputation. whereas when im back home i can just take it to my grandfathers shop and get it fixed at no charge for labor and at cost for price. i want to go back home[&o]

anyone know wut the problem is?

Old 11-12-2006, 07:51 PM
5th Gear

not a clue man..... if it were me Id go to the meet and figure it out later lol.... and by freezing cold you mean like what 60 out lol its like 19 here right now

Old 11-12-2006, 07:56 PM
5th Gear

[&o]when i saw you replied i thought i would finally get an answer. lol ya ya it was only like 40 degrees but i've lived in south florida my whole life so thats freezing to me

Old 11-12-2006, 11:08 PM
5th Gear

im gona take a nap. im wiped out. can someone please try and help so i have some good news when i wake up?

Old 11-12-2006, 11:16 PM
4th Gear

dude, you practically gave us no helpful information or description of the problem.

How the heck are we supposed to help you?

If the shop is that far away, the best thing you could do would be to spend $150 on a code reader and haynes manual.

I'd love to help, maybe when you wake up you can post some more details.

Quick Reply: weird noises :(