Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what color should i paint my wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:35 PM
2nd Gear
Default what color should i paint my wheels?

theres not alotimo that goes well with the color green my car is. i was thinking maybe a silvery color around the edge (to match the trim around my windows)and maybe a darker charcoal/grayish color for the rest but im open to suggestions. what do you guys think? thanks!

NOTE: the wheel in the picture is probably the only one that looks that clean. the guy who had it before me liked to hit curbs a lot and theres a big black mark on one

Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: what color should i paint my wheels?

om Leifer or wait till he comes on. he'll photoshop it for ya. mybe paint it green with yellow sumwhere on there. and also paint ur calipers.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
2nd Gear

oh yeah im doing the calipers too.. i kinda wanna do them an orangey yellow color but i dont know if thatll be too much. and it will also depend on what color i end up doing the wheels

Old 10-18-2007, 01:52 PM
3rd Gear

Hot pink.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:52 PM

i think that will be to much, with calipers it it will be extreme unless its red or black. as for the wheels go, gl, green is a hard color if your custom painting your stock rims.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Site Moderator

for calipers i would NOT do yellow or orange. keep it simple. less is more. black or MAYBE red.

as for the wheels, i have a buddy with the same color car, and he did gunmetal wheels with a polished lip and it looks awesome. you could also do a gold/bronze for the wheel and pull that off well also.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM
2nd Gear

I say go with purple and yellow! Or better yet paint each one a different color.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM
5th Gear

im thinkin maybe a gold or black wheel and colormatch the caliper to your paint

Old 10-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Charcoal/gunmetal always looks nice on a green car IMO, especially if you mask the lip of the wheel to keep it bright silver and set off the look of the whole thing.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:06 PM

Please please please do *NOT* mix green and yellow. Take a semi-close picture of your rims so I can see the calipers too, that way I can photochop them. I can't do much with just this pic, it's low quality and there's not much besides the rim.

EDIT: I decided not to do a colored trim around it because, like I said, it's low quality, and so it would've looked really awkward in perspective to the wheel.

Quick Reply: what color should i paint my wheels?