Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:19 PM
1st Gear
Default what do you think??

so i have heat for like 45 seconds then it turns cool in my 97' 1.8t/q/at. so i bleed the system at the two heater cpore lines near the firewall and still nothing. so i replaced the thermostat, still no heat. i just replaced the t-belt,water pump thermo etc. like a month ago. my car is not over heating so i dont think it was a faulty waterpump, although i noticed that my bottom radiator coolant hose that goes to the thermostat is cold even after the car is warmed up. i am stumped, any suggestions??? wouldn't my car overheat if the water pump was bad?!?!?!?

thanks for any suggestions!

Old 11-06-2006, 06:29 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: what do you think??

Do the hoses going in to the heater core and back get warm?

Maybe the heater core is clogged and warm coolant is not flowing through the system.

That lower hose would have to be warm too, if coolant is flowing through there.

Did you replace the coolant temp sensor as well?

Old 11-06-2006, 06:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: what do you think??

yeah the two heater core lines are hot. the temp sensor is fine b/c the engine light would come on if it wasnt, i had an issue with the sensor in the past and the engine light would come on. i dont know why that bottom radiator hose stays cold.