Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What makes the A4 a Luxury car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 AM
1st Gear
Default What makes the A4 a Luxury car?

I keep hearing people say remember your slower but you are in a luxury car!

I have a base model andto me has nothing luxury to it! Now I know Audi is a luxury brand! Whats makes it a luxury car? Besides the name! I have cloth seats w/o power, no auto dim mirror, no memory anything, no sunroof, and no traction control. I did get floormats though!

Now I love my A4 but really can't consider it a luxury car besides for the name! What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
AV

Old 10-16-2007, 10:43 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What makes the A4 a Luxury car?

You have to spend the money to make the car nice on the inside. For the price you paid for the Audi badge, you could've probably gotten a nicely equipped Nissan or Honda. However, at that point your paying almost 30,000 for a car that starts at 19,000. A4's start at 28,000. That's why they are a luxury car.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:57 AM

go with a quattro... FWD isnt worth your time esp if you have plans for it

Old 10-16-2007, 11:01 AM
1st Gear

its the little things you mostly don't pay attention to. one touch up windows. just tapping a compartment to open instead of pulling it. climate control that senses the angle of the sun and adjusts air flow for you. the third sunvisor over the rearview mirror. th equality of the materials. after 6 months, go drive a similar (cloth, no memory, etc) civic. you'll know then. its like hp, hard to tell when adding. really easy to notice when you take it away. also, the a4 is the entry level car. no comparison.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:06 AM
1st Gear

I always thought that the luxury part of the a4 was the general feel of it. my family has a b5 passat (and i have a b5 a4), and the interior of the passat, while not bad... just doesnt have that solid feel. seems like certain parts rattle, or vibrate, there's just not a sense of solidity that i get from the a4. i feel as though it may not be something quantifiable, but a sense of driving something solid. maybe that's just me.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:07 AM
1st Gear

Don't really want quattro but I am hating the fact I got Tip! I thought it would be able to handle more power! Leather was not a issue either as I would have swapped it out anyway! I got way to good of a deal on this one. I payed just over 17k for a 2005 with less the 30k on it no wrecks of any kind and been serviced at the dealer!

My point was most Luxury cars come with these features standard so was is the A4 different from other luxury makes?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

the difference is audi actually sells a base model. you can't find a lexus is w/out a sunroof and leather, which means one of these packages. if lexus actually sold a car base, you'd be on their site asking, what makes it luxury? theres no sunroof or leather? that's why you got an audi w/the history it has for hte price you paid. the luxury you paid for is in the quality of the parts and options you bought. drive a similarly equipted civc, and then come back to this thread.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: aikibil

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

the difference is audi actually sells a base model. you can't find a lexus is w/out a sunroof and leather, which means one of these packages. if lexus actually sold a car base, you'd be on their site asking, what makes it luxury? theres no sunroof or leather? that's why you got an audi w/the history it has for hte price you paid. the luxury you paid for is in the quality of the parts and options you bought. drive a similarly equipted civc, and then come back to this thread.
If you want a base model you would get a toyota. If you want a base model Audi you would go with a VW. Also VWs are built in Mexico where as Audis are imported from Germany. I don't know how much difference it makes but you will pay more costs for having it built in Germany rather than Mexico.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:29 AM
3rd Gear

Well, if it's the terminology that bothers you, the A4 is a "near-luxury" sedan, not a luxury model. I don't know that the price you paid for you car is a great deal, but let's say that it is...you wouldn't have found a 2005 Lexus for that price. Test drive a 2005 Passat with cloth seats and you'll be able to make the best comparison. You could have gotten a better equipped car from another maker, but it would not have had those four rings on the front, and in your base model, that's what you paid for.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

audi-quattro+tip=??

Quick Reply: What makes the A4 a Luxury car?