Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where do you guys get the blue or purple halogen projector light bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:41 AM
1st Gear
Default where do you guys get the blue or purple halogen projector light bulb?

hey guys where do you guys get the blue or purple halogen projector light bulb?, yesturday night my left blue halogen projector light bulb blew, i try to get a new one but at autozone, discount auto and others they say they don't sell blue or purple one because it's illegal, i was like my ***, so many bmws, audis, and other car out htere have projector head light have blue or purple projector halogen light bulb and even my audi had some i told them that and they say it was illegal so they advised me some white ones which looks ugly and funny because the is no more that effect of brightness and rainboness when i turn on the light, it's just plain white on the left and blue/purple on the right.Gr..im so mad....Where do you get the blue or purple ones any help would be great, thanks.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:35 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: where do you guys get the blue or purple halogen projector light bulb?

Think you are a little confused. There is a BIG difference between halogen and Xenon systems. The blueish lighting you see in high end cars is the xenon or HID (high intensity discharge) system. It does not work like halogen at all. There is a ballast in there that charges the xenon bulb or capsule to a very high voltage. The bulbs are very expensive - at least $60 or so.

Now, there are lots of companies making "xenon" halogen bulbs. Basically they inject a small amount of xenon gas into a regular halogen bulb, tint it purple/blue and call it a xenon bulb! It's a scam. Most of the packages say "only for offroad use only". This probably why your Autozone doesn't sell them.

If your car uses halogen bulbs then you have two options. Pick up some imitation xenon bulbs from some place like hoen or go all out and buy a full retrofit kit from a place like oemhid.com

Old 10-10-2005, 05:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: where do you guys get the blue or purple halogen projector light bulb?

Tried the website i think is wrong because if you go tothe site it's a search site....anyways were i get them then??Thanks

Old 10-10-2005, 06:06 PM
6th Gear

http://www.hoen-usa.com/

Old 10-10-2005, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

Thanks alot!