Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHERE IS THE GAS BUTTON??? And HELP W/ TURBO PROBLEMS!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:56 AM
Default WHERE IS THE GAS BUTTON??? And HELP W/ TURBO PROBLEMS!!

Irecently got a 1997 Audi A4 and I am in need to find the button to open my gas tank. I have search, but have had no luck. If someone could help me out, that would be fantastic!

Also, if anyone knows of anything that I should be aware of with my turbo and such, PLEASE tell me! I am already having troble with what I think may be the turbo. I could hardly make it up this hill, it just wouldn't kick down, even when I put it into 4th. I had a semi pass me on this hill!! Pretty sad. If you have some help, please help!!

Chantal
dwdrumsgirl@hotmail.com

Old 07-18-2007, 04:15 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: WHERE IS THE GAS BUTTON??? And HELP W/ TURBO PROBLEMS!!

Uhm, well I can say I did that same thing with the "gas button" when i first got my car. There isnt one, it is a manual cover, the gas attendant just opens it. oh wait, or you do (sorry live in oregon, we dont know how to pump gas)

Old 07-18-2007, 04:36 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

The gas cover unlocks when you unlock any or all of the doors, and then you push fom the front (the part closest to the front of the car) and it pops open. As far as your poor performance, did you have the car inspected by a mechanic when you got it? Sounds like you have major problems

Old 07-18-2007, 09:16 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: understars24

Irecently got a 1997 Audi A4 and I am in need to find the button to open my gas tank. I have search, but have had no luck. If someone could help me out, that would be fantastic!

Also, if anyone knows of anything that I should be aware of with my turbo and such, PLEASE tell me! I am already having troble with what I think may be the turbo. I could hardly make it up this hill, it just wouldn't kick down, even when I put it into 4th. I had a semi pass me on this hill!! Pretty sad. If you have some help, please help!!

Chantal
dwdrumsgirl@hotmail.com

Ooooooh itsa ladeeeyyy. [8D]

I had the same problem when I first got the B6.... Then I remembered my old GTI. It was the exact same way in the sense that the gas door locked when I locked the car and to open it you just go to the little gas door and gently, with lots of love, push on the front of the doorto open it. As for your power problem, don't forget that the gear you get into to climb a hill depends on the grade. If it's really steep, don't make the engine and clutch work hard, put it in second or third. Listen to your car. I've seen people grind their maualsup hills in too high a gear and all I could do was just sit there and cringe. Standard transmissions are less forgiving and more delicate than automatics.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:41 AM
2nd Gear

I didnit see the part where it was standard and yes, when going up a steep grade, you need to down shft alot more unless you are carryong lot of speed into the climb, i would of gone to the power gear 3rd and double clutched it, pick up a few rpms

Old 07-18-2007, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

unlock your doors i had same problem for 4 mins it sucked

Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 PM
1st Gear

ps shift into 3rd gear next time kick your turbo in

Old 07-19-2007, 02:04 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Yes, hills + high gears = not fun
hills + low gear = look out, speed limit!

Old 07-19-2007, 03:52 AM
1st Gear

wow, everyone must be on their best behavior. if i woulda asked these questions im sure there would have been various pictures of fire and whatnot