Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help...please....exhuast leak near turbo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 12:37 AM
2nd Gear
Default Help...please....exhuast leak near turbo!!!

hey guys....I have a pretty bad exhaust leak on my a4...right where the exhaust mani meets the turbo....but the car already has an upgraded turbo and I cannot figure out how to get the turbo to lower down enough to put a new gasket in place of the old one....any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have already removed the airbox and the lowered the ac compressor...also...i cannot see a turbo mounting bracket.
thanks.
Joshua

Old 07-15-2005, 12:49 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Help...please....exhuast leak near turbo!!!

The mounting braket comes up underneath the turbo and like cradles it, its in there by a hex.To solve ur problem about not enough room,unbolt ur downpipe down underneath ur car so the cat/testpipe and downpipe can slide down through a lil farther. Or else u could pull the turbo, but thats alot of work. What turbo are u running?

Old 07-15-2005, 01:54 AM
2nd Gear

hey the turbo is some sort of garret t25, but i know of the bracket u are talking about...with the hex bolt...is that the turbo support bracket?

Old 07-15-2005, 02:08 AM
4th Gear

Yea, thats the bracket that holds in place. I think should prolly figure out what exact turbo your running, and then try and figure out what software your running. Or if ur even using software? Are u just using a boost controller or what?

Old 07-15-2005, 02:46 AM
2nd Gear

Hey yeah like I said, I just bought the car and it has some sort of garrett turbo...still trying to get the pics loaded and it has a greddy boost controller hooked up...but the wires running off of it to the inside of the car are cut...???...a buddy of mine with an s4 told me to check the ecu...but I looked at it and there is nothing special about it....no chip...so I dont know what the car is running....should have pics of everything soon.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:54 PM
2nd Gear

I dont know if these help at all about figuring out what turbo it is...let me know what kind of pic would.......thanks

Old 07-15-2005, 04:14 PM
2nd Gear

Hey here are a couple more pics....still having trouble getting it to drop at all.....just curious do I need to undo the oil supply line to the turbo??? It looks like it could hold it up. On the bracket that supposedly holds the turbo up, I have loosened two hex bolts but I dont think they need to come all the way out for the bracket to let the turbo lower down. Anyone with any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks.
Josh

Old 07-16-2005, 03:04 AM
2nd Gear

ok....the bracket that I was undoing was the passenger side motor mount bracket.....[:'(].....and the turbo is not touching it at all. From what I can see, there is nothing holding it from dropping. I guess maybe the cat could hold it up but I doubt it. Anyone any suggestions???

Old 07-16-2005, 10:55 AM
2nd Gear

Audiboy1618...that bracket is a motor mount bracket....it doesnt even touch the turbo. The idea of loosening the nuts on the catalytic converter didnt work...I couldnt get it to move...and dont really feel like loosening the whole exhaust. Im just curious....does everyones turbo have studs coming out of it going into the cat and into the exh manifold????? And on my car, there is a spacer between the turbo and the exh manifold, just wondering if that is stock or if it was put in to make the new turbo work.
Can anyone post a pic of a stock 1.8t motor with the plastics removed (hopefully a pic of the turbocharger area)????? Anyone???

(Sry...gettin kinda p*ssed that I cant get this thing to work)