Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW, I got a call from a dealer today....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:46 PM
1st Gear
Default WOW, I got a call from a dealer today....

I traded my A4 back in July for a Rabbit and a dealer called me today asking me if I kept the receipt for my oil change.
Apparently the car's engine seized and Audi is not honoring the warranty without proof of maintenance. I did all of my oil changed and all I had were receipt of the oil bought from supplier and filter from the dealership. I wonder if they will accept that as proofs?
I was told that it will cost around CDN$12K for the repair. Thank god I got rid of it!

Old 10-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Default RE: WOW, I got a call from a dealer today....

wow that is lucky dudley but I think they will only honor the warrenty if all the maintance was done at a Audi dealership and used the recommened oil with the updated oil filter

Old 10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

Is it really true that it will cost CDN12K to have the new engine installed?

Old 10-02-2006, 07:31 PM
2nd Gear

I wouldn't doubt it

Old 10-04-2006, 01:15 AM
4th Gear

The engine will be covered if you show evidence of oil changes at proper intervals no matter where it is done. They will likely accept oil and filter receipts too.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:49 AM
1st Gear

Wow You're lucky hahaha.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:41 AM
3rd Gear

Its the Stealerships problem now, screw them. why would you trouble yourself for them?
ORIGINAL: dudley doright

I traded my A4 back in July for a Rabbit and a dealer called me today asking me if I kept the receipt for my oil change.
Apparently the car's engine seized and Audi is not honoring the warranty without proof of maintenance. I did all of my oil changed and all I had were receipt of the oil bought from supplier and filter from the dealership. I wonder if they will accept that as proofs?
I was told that it will cost around CDN$12K for the repair. Thank god I got rid of it!

Old 10-04-2006, 06:30 AM
1st Gear

I'd like to think he's doing it not for anyone but for the car... the car he once loved and owned. :-) ;-)
ORIGINAL: 01A4T

Its the Stealerships problem now, screw them. why would you trouble yourself for them?
ORIGINAL: dudley doright

Old 10-04-2006, 09:48 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: 01A4T

A. Karma
B. some dealerships aren't that bad and the more you help them the more they help you
C. if the dealership is ghey blackmail them. Walk up to the manager and be like, Just how much is this receipt for one oil change worth to you? A k04 and FMIC you say? Well i think we can come to an agreement then

Old 10-04-2006, 11:06 AM
1st Gear

[quote]ORIGINAL: AML 225

I'd like to think he's doing it not for anyone but for the car... the car he once loved and owned. :-) ;-)
[quote]ORIGINAL: 01A4T

You are right about the assumption. I loved that car and I still do. I wish I could afford to keep it, but I can't. The dealership must have done something to the car to seized the engine. I have a feeling it ran out of oil due to someone forgetting to tighthen the filter or the plug.
I have the receipt but in the last 3 oil changed the dealer gave me the filter that came originally with the car. It was not the upgraded version, which I think really is not necessary as long as you changed your oil within the 7K interval.
Anyway, I will present the receipt to them and hopefully it will help them get Audi to pay for their crappy marketing gimmick. Who in the world gives a 2 year free oil changed but only changed it every 15000 Km using mineral oil? It was the reason why these cars have sludge issue. As a leaser of the car, who cares if I only changed it every 15000 Km - the car will not be mine anyway after the lease. I bet you this was the caused of the engine failure. Now the dealer is asking for receipt? Never mind, my blood pressure is going up again.
[:@]