Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

Audi A5 2012 Faulty trying to exchange car.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 06:52 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Audi A5 2012 Faulty trying to exchange car.

To cut a long story short i have included the letter i have written to Audi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you are well aware, I have encountered several problems with the vehicle stated above, since it was purchased directly from Audi ....... on May 2012.

Since being a young boy, I have always dreamt of owning an Audi, and have worked particularly hard to try to meet this dream. As you can imagine, parting with £35,000 for a vehicle is a big step.

I specifically chose to purchase an Audi due to its high reputation and renowned service. I also chose to obtain the vehicle directly from you– rather than from another independent dealer; as you supposedly offer an AUDI APPROVED car, one years warranty (my case as new car, 3 years warranty), after sales care, and peace of mind for the buyer. However, my experience so far has proved to be quite the opposite.

I bought the car from you in May 2012, and after experiencing a fairly dry summer, I was enjoying my new car immensely. However, by November 2012 (when the weather deterred), I started to notice that the carpet in the rear drivers side was drenched through. I initially thought that this was from spilled water, and left it to dry naturally.

After a short while, the carpet had still not dried, so I took the initiative to remove the mat, dry it and the floor myself, and place it back in the vehicle. However, it was not long before I discovered that the water had returned, and my carpet was once again wet through. After a full investigation, I was shocked to discover that there was actually a hole in the floor of my £35,000 car. The floor had quite clearly been weakened by the water damage (which must have been caused by rear passenger sitting in that seat and placing their feet on the floor as you do in a car!) I hate to say it, but I doubt that something like this would even happen in a £1000 Vauxhall Corsa.

Despite all this I remained positive and returned to you (the dealer), requesting that this MANUFACTURE FAULT is fixed under warranty. To my surprise, this was refused, blaming the plenum chamber filling up with leaves and leaking water into my car and I was told that the hole also must be my fault, and that I would have to pay for the repair myself! After several phone calls, it was then agreed that I wouldn't have to pay and the plenum chamber was cleared. However, you did not manage to fix the issue and even Audi qualified mechanics were left confused with what the fault actually was!

My car has now gone in for repair for the SENOND time in less than a year of owning it. This time however, after requesting a courtesy car, I was just given an Audi A3.

Since speaking to you over 6 days ago, I have been in contact with ........ at .............. Audi, regarding the state of repair of my vehicle. ........ has now confirmed that there is a manufacturing fault with my car, which dates back to when it was made, before I even purchased it from you. This now means that water has been entering the vehicle for almost a year, without my knowledge. It is also possible that there is more damage than just the hole, and it is highly likely that the electrical equipment below the car (including my hand brake) could now have a fault as a result of the water leak. There is also the risk that further issues may arise in the future due to the damage that this water has caused.

I am sure that you can understand that this has now made me question the safety and resale value of my car (when I come to my balloon payment at the end of my contract the damage could effect the return value of my car via the cars history of problems and the physical water damage) –especially as this issue has been palmed off by Audi on more than one occasion.

As well as dealing with yourselves at Audi, I have also been in contact with Trading Standards who have confirmed that I have a case under ‘The Sales of Goods Act 1979’, as the product is not fit for purpose. They have advised me that this now makes my original contract with you VOID, as the car is not an ‘Audi Approved Vehicle’, which was clearly stated in the agreement. Based on this, I am now entitled to either; a FULL REFUND or EXCHANGE; as well as COMPENSATION for the wasted time, and potentially life endangering issues which could have arisen from this fault.

This whole experience has been very stressful for me and it has now put me, my family, and my friends, off from ever purchasing from you again.

If the vehicle was faulty at the time of sale, you are legally entitled to request one of the following remedies:
• a full refund
• compensation (damages)
• repair or replacement
• rescission or reduction in price

Fit for the purpose made known to the trader - Goods must be fit for their general purpose and any particular purpose that a consumer makes known to the trader at the time of purchase . For example if you buy a sleeping bag it must work as a sleeping bag. If you make it clear before you buy it that you need it for -40 degree conditions and the trader states it will be suitable then it should be suitable.

I hope that we can both come to a mutual agreement on this issue before I am forced to take the matter further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon as this is a matter of urgency.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am i being fair? The ceo of audi uk is aware of this situation i was after a replacement like for like?

Last edited by ssclark100; 04-11-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: adding