Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

Battery help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Battery help

What battery do I have?
Hi , I'm new on this forum and this is my first thread. I don't know if my question is already answered but my doubt is which battery is in the cabriolet 2.0T 2010, in particular how many amperes and size. I know where it is but I don't have wrenches in other to disconnected and see the specs. I need to buy a new one and heard different opinions about amperes and I'm not sure. I will be very happy if somebody can help me.
Thanks from Chile.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:18 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TomasMagallon
What battery do I have?
Hi , I'm new on this forum and this is my first thread. I don't know if my question is already answered but my doubt is which battery is in the cabriolet 2.0T 2010, in particular how many amperes and size. I know where it is but I don't have wrenches in other to disconnected and see the specs. I need to buy a new one and heard different opinions about amperes and I'm not sure. I will be very happy if somebody can help me.
Thanks from Chile.
if you have vag com and the coding to the module during install of battery is correct, that data can be pulled from vag com... if not look at the battery there is a sticker on the battery.

but its an H6/H8 sized battery depending if you get regular/SLA.

the CA and CCA is 700-1000.

is your car in reserve power mode? when you change the battery the coding in the can gateway i think(might be acc/auth start module) needs to be updated so the module knows the amperage to charge battery at.