Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

Considering an A5

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 11:18 PM
1st Gear
Default Considering an A5

I am considering a 2010 Audi A5 prestige cabrio. Unfortunately there is no warranty on the car as the dealer decided not to CPO it. If I plan to keep the car until ~80k miles is there anything I should be concerned with? I know others have mentioned oil consumption. Is this something that Audi will take care of it it does occur? The car has over 50k miles and is a 2 owner car. The previous owner did buy it as a CPO and then traded it on a new Q5 so I'm guessing they had no issues with the car. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-28-2014, 07:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 07A6
I am considering a 2010 Audi A5 prestige cabrio. Unfortunately there is no warranty on the car as the dealer decided not to CPO it. If I plan to keep the car until ~80k miles is there anything I should be concerned with? I know others have mentioned oil consumption. Is this something that Audi will take care of it it does occur? The car has over 50k miles and is a 2 owner car. The previous owner did buy it as a CPO and then traded it on a new Q5 so I'm guessing they had no issues with the car. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
wonder why it wont be cpo if it was a cpo from previous owner? I just got my 2010 A5 in feburary, I experienced the oil consumption issue the second day i had the car.

I was a bit annoyed, but Audi does cover this issue as long as you follow their guidelines.

- call them if the min oil message comes up, they will ask you to bring the car to them. if it hasnt had stage 1 service, they will update the ecu, update pcv valve, and measure the oil in the engine.

- if the min oil message comes back on DO NOT ADD OIL. call the dealer again, they will log the oil level and may top it off, or if Audi approves stage 2, then they will replace the pistons and rings.

- all of this above is covered by Audi.

the only other minor issues per say that i experience is rattles. its a slight rattle but its annoying me enough to pull my interior and foam pad everything.

this seems to be hit or miss for people. some experience these rattles while others dont.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

I just drove a 3 hour trip with the car and no issues so far! I did buy it from an Audi dealer so maybe it will be okay! I'm about to take it on another 5.5 hr trip so we'll see how it goes. I went from a Mercedes SL to this car and so far it's great!