Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

What A5

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 02:04 PM
1st Gear
Default What A5

Hi all,

I've decided to buy a used A5 Coupe however after reading several sites im still unsure what spec to go for.

Im after a used version 2011 ish and im gonna spend about 13k

I do approx 8-10k miles a year.

my driving style is that I like pretty decent acceleration and Ive never owned an Automatic but im not 100% against owning one.

Any advice would be great.

Many thanks

Paul

Old 03-05-2016, 03:02 PM
1st Gear

Just from a quick browse of what's currently available right now on the interwebs machine, I'd say that with a $13K budget....Looking to buy an A5, these may be some of your options:

1. 2010 at the latest model year, with roughly around 60-70K + miles...
2. 2013/2012 - Salvage title cars that have been restored to drivable condition.
3. A 2016/2015 Audi A5 - by means of putting the full $13k towards a down payment, which would be a significant impact to the interest rate/payment that you would then need to determine what kind of monthly budget your income may allow.

Keep in mind to research which models have known issues, prior to purchase. If you're willing to live with these items, as long as they're addressed and properly resolved.

Take into account also that while you may be able to "BUY" an Audi A5 that meets your wishes & limitations. Remember, that these cars (esp the Quattro models) are NOT cheap when things break, or wear out. Service fees alone can often scare of some buyers.

Manufacturer warrantees are WORLDS apart from Dealer sold warranty extension packages. And just because a car has "low mileage", does not mean that the manufacturer or Dealer warranty remains valid. Some warrantees clearly state "Power Train Only" and or including phrases such as "4years or 40,000 miles, which ever comes first."

People fail to read up way to frequently, and bite off more than they can chew. So be smart, don't just get someone's opinion....such as my own. Get REAL World information, educate yourself on what you're getting into before you spend your hard earned dollars.

Oh yeah, and there's always insurance coverage rates, and fluctuating fuel prices!! Yee Haw!!!

Good luck, and happy hunting!!!!