Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 2.7t 6spd - Mod Path

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 03:25 AM
1st Gear
Default 01 2.7t 6spd - Mod Path

Been pretty quiet, but lurking on occasion... glad to be back in engaged in my 4 wheel fetish after being absent for a quite awhile. Glad my favorite Audi site is still going strong. Anyhow, I'm STILL stock, at 86k miles (on the original clutch cuz I drive like a little old lady, ) and I want incrementally spend into the ride.

Exhaust, Chip (of course, APR most likely), suspension, body work (e.g. dings, goobers etc..)...

Exhaust brand recommendations? looking for a more aggressive sound with the usual exhaust benefits. Loud isn't the goal, but it's nice to sound tough right?

Chip, Do I really need bi-pipes and stuff? Can I chip and be mindful of the curve without stressing crap out?

Suspension, driver front strut is getting that hollow feel, and i'm pushing the noise around (tires are new and decent sport). What's next? without destroying the bank account.

body work, scratches, dings, a damn egg (f'n kids)... Got a contact in so cal that won't kill me? Or should I divert this cash into go fast partz?

Still in love with my car. Had it almost 14k miles, drivin it hard, easy, and for luxury... Thoughts?

Glad to be back and in the forums daily.

-Morgan

Old 03-28-2008, 03:31 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 01 2.7t 6spd - Mod Path

oh, and sorry for being another **** posting a what/how/why post for my car... I've done some extensive searching about, and I really want to hear some fresh voices on the subject. I read the 2.7t faq of course...

Thanks in advance for any guidance! I'll be sure to share my misery/cost/joy/disdain/wife-fights as I turn my ride into a luxury weapon...

-M

Old 03-28-2008, 10:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 01 2.7t 6spd - Mod Path

I would make sure your car is "sound" structurally before I modify. If the suspension is suspect, I would address that first, either with a factory replacement or aftermarket products like coilovers or shock/strut/springs combo. It will depend on the ride comfort you are looking for.

As for chipping, I had GIAC and now APR. I prefer the APR becuase it is not as aggressive. The car has stock drivability until you hit the gas pedal and the car roars to life. Prior to chipping I would make sure you have components to handle the added boost of the turbos....meaning changing you TBB to a Samco, changing your DV's to either 710n's, Baileys, Forge, APR or Hyperboost.These items will fail on you if you chip.Putting in an intake system or a drop in filter like a K&N or ITG. I have seen the factory paper filters collapse with the added air going into the intake from the chip.

Exhaust and downpipes can come later. APR, Milltek, Supersprint, Remus, Vast are all good options.

The APR Bi Pipe would be needed if you are planning a Stage III car.

You can also do sway bars. Go with non other then H Sport. They are the best.

You might want to think about upgrading your clutch and flywheel when you chip. I went with a Stage II+ from Spec with a single mass aluminum flywheel. You will get a little transmission vibration when you change from a dual mass to single mass aluminumflywheel. I don't mind the vibration for the added performance.

I could go on, but this is a good start and other folks can chime in as well!

Good Luck!

OOOO