Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.7 timing belt

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 02:52 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2.7 timing belt

ORIGINAL: unox4

It was probably not neccessary to remove the whole carrier, but it was sooo much easier, and it wasn't much more to remove....the upper and lower rad hoses, (drain it first)
the oil cooler lines and that's it. I did have a bit a trouble with the cooler lines. I had to give them a slight tap from the front of the rad through a small opening, the O ring is
very large for the opening.

After removing the carrier, I had to swing it to the right for the tranny cooler lines, but I was able to rest it on the floor without strain on the lines.
I have been told by some Audi tech's that the carrier does not have to be removed or loosened. I guess that's how they charge you for 8 hrs labor and
can be done in 2 hours.

Anyway, have it all back together, all in time without the cam tool. Feels like a new engine. response is great, and no leaks...thank God!!!

Next...brakes. New rotors and pads, and 1 outer boot.
Yep thats how its done and a lot of people can do them in 2hrs just takes some experience

Old 12-19-2005, 12:19 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2.7 timing belt

Don't you need any special or Audi specific tools to change your timing belt? I plan on changing mine sometime soon.