Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.7t Turbo/engine questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 01:59 AM
1st Gear
Default 2.7t Turbo/engine questions

Hi all,

I have two questions about engine mods for my 01 2.7T A6, and I was hoping to get some feedback from all you audi gurus.

1. Do I need a turbo timer to help maintain and care for my turbos?

2. I have been looking at LLTeks Hybrid Blow off valve, and was wondering if anybody has any experience with it, ie is it worth it? Or are there better ones? Also is it really necessary and will it void my warranty?

I also had a question about the RS6 exhaust with the 4 square tips, can you get those for the A6? If so where?

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:52 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2.7t Turbo/engine questions

ORIGINAL: jeepnut

I have been looking at LLTeks Hybrid Blow off valve, and was wondering if anybody has any experience with it, ie is it worth it? Or are there better ones? Also is it really necessary and will it void my warranty?

I also have an '01 2.7T A6... Unless you seriously upgrade the turbo on your A6, the blow off valves that LLTek sells are overkill. I'm actually getting mine replaced this week (which is a good idea because the stock valves are crap), and they will cost around $250 for the pair (compared to >$700 from LLTek). I can't remember the brand of valves that my guy uses, but I'll let you know when I find out. If you find some good auto guys that specialize in Audis, they should be able to tell you what to get.

As far as the warrenty in concernced, we should be fine. In fact, new blow off valves will help the turbo run better and more efficiently than the stock valves. If you want to be sure, I'd ask the dealer.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:37 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2.7t Turbo/engine questions

The pressure in your turbos is ECM controlled. You don't need BOV's on your engine. They actually rob your car of it's torque plateau, and you will feel lag when shifting gears because the turbo isn't spinning at the nearly same rate with a BOV. The recirculating valve that is in place now ensures that the turbo is still free spinning and will be able to reach perssure quicker which results in a loss of turbo lag.
If you install a BOV and your turbos go out, they most likely will not honor your warranty. You modified the operation and function of the turbo.
Think of it this way: If you buy a PS2 and put a "MOD-chip" in it, then it stops working, will Sony honor their warranty?