Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 A6 2.7t coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 12:59 AM
1st Gear
Default 2000 A6 2.7t coolant leak

I have a APR Chipped 2000 A6 with some recent issues. I bought the car with 90,000 miles and then chipped it and did the timing belt and water pump. After 40,000 miles I now have some issues. Here is the timeline.

I had the oil changed on Monday and only drove it a few miles until Wednsday when I overheated. After inspecting the resevoir I noticed it had not been fully shut and was allowing fluid to leak out. I added water and drove it home without issue. The next day I took it back to where I had the oil change and had them flush the system and refill the coolant. I drove home and everthing was fine. I then drove to work today and I noticed it started losing coolant again. It appears to be leaking under the front passenger side. I brought water and will limp home tonight.

My guess is the water pump went out since I can hear some sort of rattling coming from that general area.

After doing some research on replacing the water pump I am opting to pay someone to do it.

My question is there another explanation to the leaking that I should check before taking it in?

And How much should I expect to pay to replace the water pump and timing belts since it right there?

Thanks for all your replys. One thing I have noticed that whatever has happened to me has happened to someone else. I am hoping for some sort of outcome that doesn't involve me spending a ton of cash.

E