Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 C5 Couple Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:26 PM
1st Gear
Default 2002 C5 Couple Issues

So my wife's complained enough that I figured I'd ask here and try to figure out what is going on. I've researched the issues BEFORE I posted, but figured any extra input would be great.

First issue, haven't seen anything related via search, has to do with the Miles Till Empty. Quite often we will end the night with 60 miles till empty, yet in the morning, when we get back in, it shows 20 miles till empty. I've also seen it drop to 0 miles till empty over night. I've looked into the Vag-Com mod to adjust MPG, but don't quite understand what it is and how it works. Or even how to get the calculations to do it to mine. I need that "mod" written out for dummies. Lol

Second issue is the notorious "Dome Light" issue. More often than not, the dome lights stay on after driving down the road. I've stopped and closed all the doors, as well as the trunk, and nothing fixed it. I've yet to pull back the boot in all the doors to see if which, if any, wires need to be replaced/fixed. That will be done this evening as soon as she gets home. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I have my car set up to where the window's roll down with the keyfob and it locks the doors at a certain speed. I hear the doors lock, but they instantly unlock. Seems to me that it's one of the door's not registering being shut, even though the DIS (Is that correct?) shows they all are.

This one isn't really an issue, but I thought about it when talking about the windows rolling up. All the articles say that the sunroof won't open with the keyfob, but is it normal for the sunroof to close at the same time the window's are closing? As in, I'm holding lock, and the windows AND sunroof close.

Random question...why are there two fuses for Radio, but only one of them has a fuse in it? I've thought about putting one in the extra slot, but don't want to "break" anything. Radio works fine.

Thank's for the responses in advance!

Old 06-27-2014, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

Just checked the wiring inside the door boots, none of the wires seemed to need repaired. Thought I found it when I looked at the back doors and there was some electrical tape wrapped around them. After pulling the tape off, it appears they were just to "sort" some of the wiring. Back to google!