Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Audi A6 Quattro S-Line 2.7T PROBLEM CHILD!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 12:09 AM
1st Gear
Default 2004 Audi A6 Quattro S-Line 2.7T PROBLEM CHILD!

Alright so I have an A6 with the 2.7T engine. It's got an APR tune with stage 2 APR exhaust. The car was running fine a few months ago, but now when I step on the gas it falls on it's face. It also shudders into the next gear if you give it too much throttle, this is an automatic w/ tiptronic 5 speed.

Bad gas was ran through the car on one occasion and 100 octane was immediately put in to remedy that, plugs have been replaced, K&N panel filter has been cleaned. I got a Misfire in cylinder 3 but cleared the code.

When I go leave my neighborhood I hear a tiny bit of boost and the turbos spooling a little, but when I hit the main roads i get a tiny bit of boost randomly and then i just hear a sound of AIR like all the boost is leaving the system or maybe backpressure. These are stock Bosch Diverter valves, and I assume one has possibly gone bad hence why I get a tiny bit of boost from one till the pressure overtakes the system and starts venting elsewhere. The only other thing I can think of is a vacuum leak somewhere. The car only has 42k on it, but the APR tune doesn't favor the stock DV's. If necessary I'll be getting two 007 Forge diverter valves. It's like first gear is fine, second just does nothing...it's like I'm running all motor as a torqueless wonder, and honda civics can pass me no problem I get the Air sound, then the trans shutters or something shutters (possibly the engine pulling timing or something) and then it goes into the next gear. Here is a video of me driving the car and you can hear the air sound and see how high it's revving just to go anywhere at :30 and this one skip to the 1:00 mark to see the action (or lack thereof...)

Old 09-24-2011, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

your oil temp is much higher than mine. I got those thicker intake manifold gaskets, I would think my car was overheating, lol. did you look under the car, is transmission fluid leaking perhaps, did you look under the hood, are all the air hoses attached?

Old 09-24-2011, 09:38 AM
1st Gear

There has been a bit of somekind of fluid leaking onto my driveway, i was told it was blowby from the turbos but i doubt it. I also had dye ran through the engine and i have a small cam seal leak so i was told

Old 09-24-2011, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

oil leaking from the engine slowly is no big deal, I think over half of audi c5 models on the road today leak a little bit of oil, but its so slow that you dont have to worry about it. A transmission oil leak is another story, you NEED the right amount of oil in there, so if its leaking you better find out where from. My transmission was leaking from the radial shaft seal, thats the torque converter seal where the transmission and torque converter meet. Its like $12 with shipping if you google the part number 1 guy sells it for that much. But I ended up getting a transmission with 90k miles vs mine with 160k miles (I didnt know exactly what the source of the leak was other than that it was coming from the bell housing of the transmission... You gotta really check and look around, the only way my transmission leaked and i could see is if it was on a lift or jack stands and I was looking at the holes in the bottom of the bellhousing and someone revved the engine above 3000rpm... The first problem that started happening was when the engine/transmission where cold 1st gear would slip a lot, I'd go to 2000-2500rpm and the car would barely move, it felt like as if I wasn't pressing the gas and just at idle but I let go of the brakes, so at that point I stopped driving...