Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine mounts, What holes????

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 04:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Engine mounts, What holes????

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro APB engine, FAQ transmission...
I used those permanent paint markers to mark the holes where the mount bolt and the little pin should go, BUT SIMPLE GREEN washed it off! Ajajaj. For now I just put it back into what seems like the center. How do I find out where its really supposed to go, I cant find it in the bentley manual nor elsa... I'll check etka, but I doubt its there...

Old 09-24-2011, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

etka had this, but can anyone check if this is correct? and where do those pins go???

Attached Thumbnails Engine mounts, What holes????-engine.jpg  
Old 09-24-2011, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

i changed the engine mounts and actually saw just a tiny bit of paint left, it was the arrow I made pointing to where the little stud/pin should be, the etka drawing is wrong, the drivers side mount should be 1 pin out towards the drivers side of the car... the studs/pins are pretty much aligned themselves when you attach the engine mount to the engine and they can only go 2 different ways, and I had that tiny bit of paint to tell me which way to go. yay. One of my old mounts the lower bolt was broken inside, it moves easily. the rubber on top was cracked all around. My transmission mounts looked good, but they moved around (by hand, squeezing one side or the other) much easier than the new mounts I got from fcp... I'll finally see how it drives on Tuesday I guess. Ohh and I think i stripped one of the transmission mount bolts, I didnt feel like looking up the torque specs and just tightened the first one as much as I could with a short socket wrench and I guess I screwed up the threading inside the mount. Ohh well, I'll see how that goes. It doesn't seem uber important, it still holds as it should, the bolt was still pretty tight...