Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 A6 Quattro Hesitation Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Default 2005 A6 Quattro Hesitation Problems

Help! I bought a new 2005 A6 Quattro 3.2 for my wife last October and she constantly complains about the car hesitating when trying to accelerate quickly while turning right or left into traffic. She drives the car 80% of the time and when I drive it always seems okay. I took it in to the dealer in December and they made a slight mixture adjustment. Problem according to her is just getting worse. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Old 03-15-2006, 08:51 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2005 A6 Quattro Hesitation Problems

Well for one, that dealer was feeding you a load of ****, there is no mixture adjustment

but im sure they checked for faults and if they found anything something would have been fixed

I would bet this is just how it is

Also is this your first Audi, cause she could still be used to the way the last car drove

Old 03-15-2006, 09:03 PM
1st Gear

I happen to be a female Audi driver and I have experienced this issue to...but I think it is just the way we drive. From what I can figure...I tend to hesitate a little when accelerating...especially in traffic areas (such as lights or stop signs)...mainly because I don't want the car to get away from me. I have only had my A6 for a few weeks though (maybe your wife is just taking longer to get use to the performance of the car). I was also told by someone that the hesitations on acceleration could be due to putting the lower grade gasoline in instead of using the premiums! I am not sure if she does that or not...but maybe that could be a problem too!

Personally, and yes guys you are more than happy to quote me on this, from my point of view as a woman driver...I am more aggressive when I get the car up to speed...but that take off can be a little rough on me! Only being honest! This is more car than I have driven in the past and I LOVE the power it has...and it is such a thrill to ROMP on it...but I do hold back in most intersections and traffic situations!

Loads of luck!!
LT [sm=devilangel.gif]

Old 03-20-2006, 04:14 PM

I am not a female driver, and have the same issue. I drive mine about 90% of the time, my wife the rest.

It seems as though it happens worse when turning and accelerating. Like tuning in to a major street with lots of traffic coming at you.

I recently brought it to the dealer and they found nothing wrong.

However in a different forum I found a possible remedy.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@@.ef0c3ff/209!keywords=allin%3Amsgtext%20limit%3A.ef0c3ff%20 2005

I'll give it a try and report back.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:36 PM
1st Gear

Im also a tech, the reason the poster in the other forum said that the service manager and the tech didnt know about the precedure is because we have scan tools that
do this much faster and you can also see if the adaption was accepted by the control unit

Therefore there is no reason to know this process, I was also not aware of it

But as i said before if there were faults stored by the computer, there would most likely be something fixed

Really everyone must relize this fact: If the tech or the shop foreman or the service manager do not experience the problem and can not get it to happen the nothing can be fixed
So if the concern can not be verified then nothing will be fixed

Old 03-21-2006, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

OH THANK GOD!!! I thought I just couldn't figure out how to drive this car!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! I feel much better!!! I really didn't think I was that bad a driver that I couldn't figure out how to accelerate...glad to know!!!

LT [sm=devilangel.gif]

PS: For those guys who think girls are bad drivers in general...I will take you anyday (just as soon as I add the chip, reset the computer, install new suspension, put on the new tires....nenvermind...you get the idea)! [sm=smiley17.gif]

Old 03-22-2006, 03:13 PM

So for the layman what is the solution? Leave the car at the dealer and let them drive it around until they experience the problem? Even if they do experience the problem, if it doesn't register on the diagnostic computer then they can't fix it?

Old 03-22-2006, 08:46 PM
1st Gear

Yes you should leave you car, and if possible agree to let them drive it home if they ask you, this will increase the chance they experience the problem so your car can get fixed

If they do experience the problem then there is a good chance it will set a fault

If you are asked to let them drive the car overnight and you say no cause you dont trust them or whatever the reason may be, you should remember that you brought the car to get fixed, they are just trying to help you

Old 03-23-2006, 03:11 PM

Thanks. I'll try it!

GTF

Old 03-23-2006, 03:29 PM

its a 2005 car leave it till you get satisfaction, im going for a bad ground fault

she constantly complains about the car hesitating when trying to accelerate quickly while turning right or left into traffic

Quick Reply: 2005 A6 Quattro Hesitation Problems