Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 a6 cluster and more.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 07:49 PM
1st Gear
Default 2006 a6 cluster and more.

The car ran fine one day. Then after a storm that knocked out 4 circuit breakers in my house the car is sick. All the gauges quit as well as the dash lights. The blinkers and the sunroof also quit as well as the A/C. I have checked all fuses several times. See nowhere that moisture could have gotten in. Pulled the battery had it checked and charged. Replaced the battery controller. The clock will not set. It jumps to 1200 as soon as you set it. All the warning lights on the dash stay on all the time. Even after the car has sat for days. I pulled the MMI controller and cleaned and inspected. Need suggestions.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

Ok. Picked up a used MMI controller and installed. No change. Do I replace the cluster next or the MMI interface. I have no communication with the gauge cluster.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

Went back to pick and pull and took out the instrument cluster from a wrecked a6. When I was taking the last bolt out of my dash, all the warning lights turned off. Started the car and everything worked again. Jiggled, pulled, beat, plugged in and unplugged everything I could find. I could not get it to fail again. Reinstalled just the dash and took it for a test drive. Everything worked great. I went out this morning and everything still good. While trying to replace one of the slats I knocked out on the middle A/C vents the warning lights came back on. Started the car, no gauges again. Pulled and rattled the harness, beat on the dash, all to no avail. Unbolted the dash again. As I was pulling it out the warning lights went off. Once again everything works and I cannot get it to fail again. So. Is it the gauge cluster or the harness. Anyone ever been thru this.