Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 A6 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:41 PM
1st Gear
Angry 2008 A6 problems

I have owned my Audi A6 for less then a year and it is at the dealer for the 3rd time in four months with a "check Engine Light" The Dealer says the vehicle has random misfire, adds a fuel additive, drives it for 60 miles, keeps it overnight, does a cold start in the morning and tells me everything is ok. After going through this entire process 3 times in 4 months....It is not OK. Audi has sold me a Lemon and will not admit they can not fix the problem. I am so dissappointed in the lack of customer service that I have received from Audi of North America. I have wanted the A6 for the last 5 years, it was my dream car, but now it has become a nightmare....I have asked Audi financial for a refund for all the days my car has been in the shop. I keep getting the run around from everyone at Audi, the Dealer (Audi of Downtown LA), Audi North America and Audi Financial. Why should I be paying for a car that is constantly in the shop? Any advice? :

Old 08-28-2009, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

sorry

Last edited by beefski; 08-28-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:39 PM
2nd Gear

sorry to hear, but you have to keep on the dealer and audi na. they will not want to do anything but if you continue to call and complain it may get to a symapthetic ear. you could also consult a lawyer to see if the lemon law applies. a complaint to the bbb may add to your case. maybe try another dealer, there may be better techs. not all dealers are equal in their service dept.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the input. I have contacted the BBB, the Attorney Generals office for the State of California, The office of Defects Investigations of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and have lodged complaints with Audi NA, Audi Financial and Audi of Downtown LA. The dealer notified me this afternoon that they have completely taken the engine apart and have fixed the problem and I can pick up the car on Tuesday, why would I want to pick up a Brand new car that they have completely had to take the engine apart. I want a new car or my money back....

Old 08-28-2009, 08:50 PM

If they rebuilt the engine then what else can they do..Tue pick up the car and drive it, if it's fixed then your problem is over. There have been times when engines have glitches..that's machinery. It's a shame you had to go thru so much before they fixed it (we hope) I'm sure they were trying to avoid that rebuild ..but Germany gave them the go ahead so drive the car if it's fixed..you will not win if they did actually fixed it. Find out what was wrong.

Last edited by mystrodo; 08-28-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 PM

Pick up your car and enjoy the repair. I am sure it is fine now. A valve guide that is too tight can cause that.

People have birth defects, so do cars, even german ones. Even God makes mistakes, look at the platypus and the dodo bird. Or conversely, a sense of humor, lol.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:41 PM
1st Gear
Question Still confused

Very confusing situation that is really hard to grasp why Audi does not have a fix and/or explanation on why the engine light keeps coming on. They say bad gas and un-burned fuel causing carbon buildup. Now they are confirming for the 3rd time that it is a cold fire misstart again and Audi field-techs have recommended pulling the heads and replacing the valve seals. I have never heard of this being done on a new vehicel. They also say they are not for sure that doing this repair will fix the problem. I have had the car in the dealer for 3 days and they kept promising me I would hear from a district Audi representative here in LA, but they have delayed contacting me until this coming Tuesday when the repair is suppose to be finished. The question I continue to ask myself and them is why I should accept an experimental repair unless Audi picks up a couple months of my lease payments until some time passes after the repair and the engine light or no related problems pop up again. Since they have already done fuel additives , software upgrades, etc. I can only guess that there is a defect with respect to the FI system and they do not want to fess up to it. I am hugely dissappointed with Audi and this car and really do not think I will ever recommend or obtain another Audi in the future. I know for sure I would not be having this problem with another mfg.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:06 PM
3rd Gear

We all feel for you, man. But Audi financial is not going to make you whole for the time your car was in the shop. It doesn't work that way. Best you can do it negotiate a nice loaner from the dealer. If this repair does not solve the problem, I would suggest investigating the Lemon Law, assuming CA has one.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:10 PM
2nd Gear

Lemon law is going to be your only path out of this, assuming that the engine rebuild does not fix the problem. Look up the law for California. There is probably a "number of days out of service" or "number of attempts to fix the same problem" qualifier. Make sure you document every conversation, every email, every phone call, every visit. Do so FACTUALLY. Who what when and where. No opinions. Whne you pass one of the qualifiers, follow the instructions in the lemon law (usually a meeting with Audi), taking in your documentation and a copy of the lemon law showing how you have exceeded a particular qualifier and pointing out the remedy proscribed by the law. Whether you believe it or not, Audi really does not want you as an unhappy customer. The are also aware of the law and, once you show them that you are too, the resolution will be quickly forthcoming. Then, go buy a Toyota and hope it does not have a problem.

Good luck,

Bob