Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 A6 Pool

Old 07-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Unhappy 2010 A6 Pool

Greetings!

I'm the owner of a 2010 A6, which apparently has some leak. During a very very heavy rainstorm that lasted about 2 hours of downpour, my car was outside and parked. I wasn't within sight of the car during the rain, but when I returned and opened the door, there was about 4 inches of rainwater in the passenger compartment floor.

No leaks or wetness was noted around the sunroof or window areas. The seats were all dry on top. No visible water ingress was noted on door pockets / seals.

I extracted most of the water using a wet-vac, and the water was mostly clean and clear, which leads me to believe that it was not an issue of water rising from underneath, nor did it appear that there was any flooding in the area where the car was parked.

Question is - has anyone ever experienced this problem, and if so - where was the leak? The Dealer noted that they have had water in cars, but not that much.

Cheers!

Old 07-19-2010, 08:23 PM
1st Gear

Ive read that there was a service bulletin on earlier year models becuase the sunroof water tracks easily clog resulting in leaks into the cabin area. Maybe they have yet to address the issue in production.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 PM
3rd Gear

I received a maintenance update for my A6 detailing a 40k check and cleaning of the sunroof drain channels. It was not a TSB or recall -- just a new page to add to my maintenance manual. Take yours back to the dealer and have a discussion with them about how the drains could be plugged on such a new vehicle. There has to be another problem. Maybe let them run a hose over it for an hour and check for leakage.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:44 PM
1st Gear
Default I Had the same Issue

A big storm hit Chicago a good monh ago. While I was going to pick up my girl friend, I noticed that a very large amount of water was leaking thru the Hood compartment, next to the battery when vents are located!! Right below the steering wheel!! I had about 6 inches of water, whi it took me forever to clean. This was not the first time it had happened to my car, I never realized it was going to happen again because I always have my car in the garage................ or it hasnt rained like that in ages

I found it really weird, but I dont know how to deal with it.

I have a 2.8 q 2001, its alot older compared to yours, and it would be stupid if it has the same problem