Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 A6 18" vs 19" wheels with sport suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 11:10 PM
1st Gear
Default 2015 A6 18" vs 19" wheels with sport suspension

I may have an opportunity to buy a very low mileage CPO at a real good price that has 19" all season tires with sport suspension.
I was not in the market for 19" or sport suspension, and consider the stock 18" just fine.

But this deal may be too good to pass up, although I am concerned about comfort. I drive mainly in the NJ/NY areas where the roads are terrible.

How much will the difference be in comfort (as well as handling) between the 2 cars?
And just what specifically is a sport suspension and how does it differ from a non-sport suspension?

Thanks. Frank.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:02 PM
3rd Gear

Probably not a lot of difference between the 18" and 19"; both will be "firm" if you get my drift. You will notice pavement joints and, frankly, having driven in that area, I would constantly worry about blowing a tire even if I was on stock 17s. My suggestion is to have the dealer rebalance the tires and ensure the rims are true, then align the car as well. That should surface any control arm issues.