Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 audi no start on first crank:/

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 01:21 AM
1st Gear
Default 98 audi no start on first crank:/

First off I have no obdll reader... so diagnoses isn't so simple.

First off things fixed:
New fuel pump
New fuel relay
New mass air flow sensor.
New air filter
New battery
New spark plugs
New spark plug wires
New spark plug wire coil (not coils) this part is what you connect all spark plugs to...

Second thing I have tried:
sprayed carb cleaner to look for leaks.
No signs of any malfunctions when sprayed anywhere on engine.

My ruled out things for it happening...I ruled out because this issue is only persistent during freezing temps:
Timing off
Spark plug coils are bad
Cam sensor
Crank sensor
Bad starter

Things the car does while trying to start when cold.

The car will try and start but stumbles until rpm pass third tick before the number one when cranking and letting it idle...then it begins to slowly idle until it reaches the line right under the one on rpms.

The vehicle automatically will dye if I press the gas when its stumbling to stay started. (Any time I press the gas and its under the third tick on rpm)

When it is started there is ticking coming from fuel rail where fuel injectors connect into engine(this happens in hot or cold climate) but wanted to inform...

Any suggestions??? I would really appreciate any help at this time instead of spending on what seems not to not fix the issue.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:57 AM
1st Gear

Update:
So I been reading other threads have read that a bad temp sensor could cause a no start as well as bad idle n other codes can be set off just from this sensor... there are two types green (ovalish) n blue (square) from my readings blue is the fit for the 98 audi with motor AHA will post again after I put in part...