Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 2.7 02 Needs Battery ??

Old 10-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Default A6 2.7 02 Needs Battery ??

Hi folks , the car won't start without a jump and then runs fine , but if it sits too long won't restart w/o another jump so I am assuming battery . 108,000 miles probably due... any suggestions re which batt to purchase and how to remove it ?? I think the cover slides out but not sure... Thanks in advance all.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:53 PM
3rd Gear

1 - Do a forum search. There's been discussions about batteries.

2 - I had my indie shop replace mine (arm in sling at the time), and I understand you have to supply power to the electrical system to prevent the radio from locking out. I've seen 9v battery devices at Autozone that plug into the cigarette lighter for this purpose, but I have never personally used one.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 PM
3rd Gear

it's 09 so if the battery hasn't been changed it is 7 years old. I'd say it is about time.

There are only a few battery manufacturers in the world so most of them are the same. Just get one that is the right size and has a 5 year gurantee. I usually get my batteries from Autozone - reasonable price and they will help you put it in.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:53 AM
2nd Gear

Battery for sure.

I've never had an issue with the radio after removing the battery for a short period of time, but YRMV!

DOn't let the drain tube drop!

Bob

Old 10-24-2009, 12:53 AM

My '01 had the same problem a while back. After I replaced the battery (NTB, fine) it failed again. Come to find out I had a low level constant drain from the primitive satnav that wasn't shutting off properly.

The battery is against the firewall under a plastic cover. Remove the trim piece, then the cover, unbolt and remove. Installation is the reverse.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:46 AM
1st Gear

I like to use interstate batteries, they have always been great about replacing dead batteries, I even froze a battery last year on my Olds Aurora, just took it in and they gave me a new one gratis, It was a 2 yr old battery