Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 3.0 Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Default A6 3.0 Quattro

I will be moving from Arizona up to the midwest and am looking at Audi's; considering midwest winters, their reputation for handling in bad weather is extremely appealing. However, I'm curious as to how many miles I can realistically put on one before the maintenance becomes more than it's worth. I am transferring up there for school and will be putting a large quantity of miles on the car. I have been looking at used A6's, most of which have been 3.0 quattros.

If I do decide to purchase one, how long can I have it (mileage-wise) before the maintenance/reliability becomes a big factor (assuming the car stays up-to-date on all regular maintenance)?

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2007, 02:55 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A6 3.0 Quattro

The 3.0 is a pretty low maintenance motor, althoughyou will need to change the timing belt around 90,000 miles. Also depending on the mileage, you'll need to get the CV boots, tie-rod ends, and control arms checked out (the control armswear out and squeak). If at all possible try to find a CPO Audi that way it'll be checked out and serviced by Audi and come with a nice warranty.