Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Stereos

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:41 AM
1st Gear
Default A6 Stereos

So I posted a thread over in the electronics section about possibly ditching the bose.. and that got me wondering what all you other A6 ownerson here had done as far as stereos go. Im really just looking for some ideas on which route to go with my car.. whether it be just a headunit and a sub, or if I should start from the ground up. So all opinions and ideas are welcome, just trying to get a plan going for this summer!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:58 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 Stereos

well, what I'm thinking is a RNS-E navi instead of the stock headunit, well...mainly because I always gets lost... anyways that thing can hook up to a trunk 6-CD changer cause the headunit is only 1 DVD slot with 2 SD card slot, and the sound is totally different if played from CD instead of SD card, Ipod etc., since I don't have the BOSEEE speakers, the sound sometimes suck big time, I believe part of the reason is that the bass is covering the mid and high tones thats why the quality suck, so maybe adding a sub will transfer the bass from the speakers to the sub(s) therefore kinda give more "room" for the speakers to perform the mid and high tones..don't flame me if I got this whole thing wrong~~~

Old 03-29-2008, 02:40 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 Stereos

lol well that navi sounds good.. only a couple problems though. First one being that I have the Bose Concert.. so my slot for a headunit is single din, so not really room to put a double din navi unit in there. And I like the Bose and all.... but it just isnt really delivering what I want out of it. Im just sick of the 6 disc changer (I hate having to get in the trunk if my taste in music suddenly changes), I wanna use my iPod, and the sound/bass just really isnt enough for me... I really think im leaning towards ripping all the bose out.. but that sounds like quite the project lol