Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 vs S6

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 02:08 AM
1st Gear
Default A6 vs S6

I've been looking across brands for a new sport sedan and am fairly new to the Audi line. I was hoping to get some perspective from those who know the lineup.

I stopped by a dealer this week to get a general walk through of the sedans in the 6 to 8 range, and am pretty sure the 6 is where I would be. The 8 (L) was a little too soft with a decided big car feel. The low profile of the 7 wasn't really for me.

I was wondering what the general ride characteristics of the A6 was vs the S6. I understand the engine is out of the box bigger on the S, and it has a sport suspension, but does that mean the S is more on the sport/connected to the road side of the sport/comfort spectrum? Do I give up anything in terms of insulation from bumps and potholes and the smoothness of the ride with the S?

I'm not a super aggressive driver, but do want the car to move when it needs to, but also don't want to compromise anything on ride comfort.

I drove the A6 3.0, and it was close to the mark on acceleration, but I get the sense I need a little more performance "headroom"....but not at the expense of the overall ride. Additional test drives are in my future, but was looking for some thoughts from those who have been down this road before.

Thanks!

Old 04-17-2017, 04:01 PM
3rd Gear

Just offering an opinion, based on owning a 2.7T. I find it surprising that the 3.0T (supercharged) is not peppy enough, but there are after-market options to produce more power. I'm not sure what engine comes in the S6 (4.0T?) but that is a lot of engine and other components (such as brakes) are more expensive. The ride will be a little stiffer, especially dependent on the size of the rims (which impacts sidewall height). I could tell the difference when I switched from standard 17" rims to 18" rims with summer tires. I think these days the rims are even bigger. Since you are talking new, take your time and extensively test drive each vehicle.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

To be honest, the 3.0T would probably be enough most days. I just wanted to see if the S6 could give me enough for the rest of the days without compromising the overall ride the rest of the time.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:44 AM
1st Gear

Hello guys, both cars are great! If you are interested in leasing you can find here amazing deals on A6 and S6 models. https://dsrleasing.com/ I have leased from this dealer an A4 and I am very satisfied!

Old 04-18-2017, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by doroth
Hello guys, both cars are great! If you are interested in leasing you can find here amazing deals on A6 and S6 models. https://dsrleasing.com/ I have leased from this dealer an A4 and I am very satisfied!
**** off and your **** *** leasing spam