Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 wont start - need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 05:48 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 wont start - need advice

Hi I need a little advice. my 04 A6 3.0 quattro died as we were getting on the highway. Had it towed home.
when you try to start it, it will start up and runs smooth for about 3-5 seconds then dies. after about 5-6 tries, it will not even start up until it sits for awhile.
At first I thought it was fuel related, but after testing at the pump and at the fuel rail I have fuel coming to the system. So im guessing I was flooding it out instead of it starving for fuel.
The first time I hooked up the code reader(couple weeks ago) I got no codes. a couple days ago I messed with it again when I checked the fuel pump and got a p0321. I will say I did run the battery down at one point and had to recharge it. Also worth noting is that gas pedal is non responsive. So im checking with those that are more familiar (my first Audi) to see if anything pops to mind. I'm not thinking that its the timing belt because when it starts for those few seconds it sounds smooth. someone has suggested the crankshaft position sensor(which I have on order) its cheap and worth a shot. but the accelerator pedal being non responsive makes me say hmm. would the crankshaft position sensor being bad cause the pedal to not respond or should I be looking at something like the throttle control. keep in mind the only code is p0321.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-23-2018, 06:08 PM
1st Gear

Well, hopefully someone will chime in. I just replaced the Crankshaft position sensor and it dint correct the issue