Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:21 PM
1st Gear
Default ABS

ok, i read that it comes on when you first start the car and you should hear a weird sound, sounds like metal scraping or hitting something else, this seems to be normal from whati read? I back my car out and turn the wheels into forward and change the shifterto Drive and then the sound happens, is that the ABS turning on? what a weird almost scary noise?

Old 05-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: ABS

It probably is your ABS activating but it shouldn't un-less your doing an ABS stop. If its activating randomly there might be a problem with a wheel speed sensor or the brake light switch.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

i have only heard it when i start the car and back up and then pull forward, it sounds like its right under the car in the engine area, no lights come on either, i just got the car and it had 33XXX on it, they also audi certified it as well...

Old 05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Site Moderator

Well s*** if its certified just take it in and pay your$50 deductible and let them worry about it. That goes for the wind noise as well. (previous thread)